Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RTH Issue

Reaction score
I've updated the to the new firmware on the AC, RC, and batteries. I am on Android so I am still using the DJI Pilot App NOT THE NEW GO APP. I was out flying this afternoon and bought it back to within 20 metres of where I took off. I decided to try out the rth function I have set the height in the app and I have return to home selected in the "loss of rc signal" part of the settings. But when I initiated the rth button on the rc or the app the AC just landed in its current location. I couldn't get it to return to the take off point about 20-30 meters away.

Any ideas what's going on or has anyone else had the same issue? I've tried to find the issue in the forum already but without luck, if its already been answered could you like the the posts.

Many thanks [emoji4]

I've updated the to the new firmware on the AC, RC, and batteries. I am on Android so I am still using the DJI Pilot App NOT THE NEW GO APP. I was out flying this afternoon and bought it back to within 20 metres of where I took off. I decided to try out the rth function I have set the height in the app and I have return to home selected in the "loss of rc signal" part of the settings. But when I initiated the rth button on the rc or the app the AC just landed in its current location. I couldn't get it to return to the take off point about 20-30 meters away.

Any ideas what's going on or has anyone else had the same issue? I've tried to find the issue in the forum already but without luck, if its already been answered could you like the the posts.

Many thanks [emoji4]
The logic for the RTH has not changed with the latest firmware (1.3.0.0). Within 20m of the Home Point, initiating RTH will cause the I1 to descend and land at its current position. Over 20m distance, it will operate as you expected. It is climb to the Failsafe height if lower and return to Home Point. My experience is that how close the I1 gets to the Home Point depends on the wind. I have got errors from 2-3m up to 8-13m in very strong winds.

Reactions: AndrewH
The logic for the RTH has not changed with the latest firmware (1.3.0.0). Within 20m of the Home Point, initiating RTH will cause the I1 to descend and land at its current position. Over 20m distance, it will operate as you expected. It is climb to the Failsafe height if lower and return to Home Point. My experience is that how close the I1 gets to the Home Point depends on the wind. I have got errors from 2-3m up to 8-13m in very strong winds.
Thank you, I'll try from further away on the next flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop