Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rubber band on 15mm lens??

Reaction score
I bought second hand X5S with the original DJI 15mm f1.7 lens. The lens came with this rubber band in the box. I innitially was not sure what it was for but it fits nicely around the lens covering the F-stop ring. Is anyone actually using it? What purose does it suppose to serve?

Reactions: slim.slamma
im guessing you mean the ring seen here? if so to me it serves to keep dust/debris. but it also might be to not change the setting when removing and installing.... my gut still says dust ring though

Attachments

• x5 3.jpg
    x5 3.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 37
im guessing you mean the ring seen here? if so to me it serves to keep dust/debris. but it also might be to not change the setting when removing and installing.... my gut still says dust ring though

Yes, that is the rubber band! So, I guess the recommendation would be to keep it on to protect the lens from dust entering into it, right?

haha thats funny picked me up a x5s today. i almost started a new thread but
Yeah the rubber band appears to keep dust from entering.
curious myself about where it should be fitted though

haha thats funny picked me up a x5s today. i almost started a new thread but
Yeah the rubber band appears to keep dust from entering.
curious myself about where it should be fitted though
There is only one way to fit it, as far as I can tell, anyway. I wonder if there is any mention in User Manual about this....

Attachments

• 20181215_163527.jpg
    20181215_163527.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
You are flying for the most part (hopefully) in a dust free environment, the cover will protect against dust during landing and takeoff, I think it might also be decent protection against moisture, which you are much more likely to encounter in the air. No it will not make it waterproof but it is a “shield”

Reactions: mmarian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbhutaniclinic