Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Safe Flight

Reaction score
Hi. I'm still fairly new to this forum and am just waiting on my Inspire to arrive.

I guess my question is - is there a combination of firmware and software for iOS that is safe to use. I see a few of reports of people having issues with battery levels dropping randomly etc

Also, what is there to look out for as a new pilot to the Inspire? What common mistakes do people make when they're setting up and flying for the first time?

Thank you.

Your best bet, for Warrenty purposes, is the latest firmware. You wouldn't want DJI not to cover a repair under Warrenty due to old firmware. They may tell you "well we fixed that so it's your fault." Plus it is hard to find the old versions unless you have been saving them yourself.

Best advice I can give is do not be impatient. You spent a lot of money now spend the time. Updates, properly charge all batteries you use, calibrate IMU then compass and be easy on the first few flights. Record all flights just in case.

Have fun!

Reactions: m1ch1gan
Good idea Mazz re firmware. Are fly aways a big issue with the Inspire? I'm aware that the Phantom is a bit of a nightmare. I own one, but haven't had the pleasure - yet!

Good idea Mazz re firmware. Are fly aways a big issue with the Inspire? I'm aware that the Phantom is a bit of a nightmare. I own one, but haven't had the pleasure - yet!
I'm having little micro fly offs. I would heed everything Mazz said and watch out for compass errors/involuntary Atti mode, even with multiple flight mode turned off. Luckily every time my "Bella" has taken off for a few seconds of uncomanded flight, I counter stick her direction and return to her to her starting point. That seems to reset her back from red to green safe to fly. I've calibrated both IMU and compass multiple times. I also always review advanced sensor settings and do the dance before every take off. I'm really hoping .18 has some major upgrades because so far .17 has created some white knuckled flying for me :-(.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6