Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Safe Transaction

Reaction score
Hi, im trying to sell my Inspire 2 to a member here but paypal giving me problems because i don’t use paypal much. I opened paypal few years ago but i just used it once or twice. I dont really buy things online using paypal. I was wondering if there is any other way then paypal to do a safe transaction for both side other then paypal? Please get back to me if you can help thank you!

Many of us have done thousands of dollars worth of transactions with PayPal. Your other options would be for the purchaser to send you a check or a wire transfer. PayPal is your best and easiest option.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Many of us have done thousands of dollars worth of transactions with PayPal. Your other options would be for the purchaser to send you a check or a wire transfer. PayPal is your best and easiest option.

My buyer sent me the money thru paypal and paypal holding 5700$. They saying that the money will be on hold until 3 days after it get delivered. Which i dont feel safe. I read on some forums that some people had bad experience because the buyer lied about never got what they were buying. I called paypal to make sure if it was safe and the person that answered my call j explained my situation he transferred to another department that would help me on the transaction and i was on hold on the phone for 1 hour and 45min. This made me thinking that what if i had the same situation i would never get help from this people that can even answer a client properly so i decided to not take any chances and i refund the money to the buyer and now we are trying to figure out how we can work on something that we both happy. I dont wanna wait for my money to be stuck in some companies that i take the whole risk and i have to fight for my money.

My buyer sent me the money thru paypal and paypal holding 5700$. They saying that the money will be on hold until 3 days after it get delivered. Which i dont feel safe. I read on some forums that some people had bad experience because the buyer lied about never got what they were buying. I called paypal to make sure if it was safe and the person that answered my call j explained my situation he transferred to another department that would help me on the transaction and i was on hold on the phone for 1 hour and 45min. This made me thinking that what if i had the same situation i would never get help from this people that can even answer a client properly so i decided to not take any chances and i refund the money to the buyer and now we are trying to figure out how we can work on something that we both happy. I dont wanna wait for my money to be stuck in some companies that i take the whole risk and i have to fight for my money.

Somehow you got into a scam, this has happened to me but it was not a true PayPal deal and I walked away from it. Something is very wrong. You were right to see red flags on this one. A true pay pal deal has never held money on me, only when it was a scam which I walked away from. Check the URL's that said the money was on hold till delivery.

The buyer is scamming you.

Somehow you got into a scam, this has happened to me but it was not a true PayPal deal and I walked away from it. Something is very wrong. You were right to see red flags on this one. A true pay pal deal has never held money on me, only when it was a scam which I walked away from. Check the URL's that said the money was on hold till delivery.

The buyer is scamming you.

it is paypal that was holding the money i login from paypal site and also on my paypal app and it was from
Paypal. When i called them they even said on the phone my money will be on hold till 3 days after getting delivered. Then i did some research and many people had that problem special people that was new to PayPal. Some waited few months before there the hold were took of.. i know there is some scam with different kind of url which i faced that but this is really paypal because it was in there own site and they also confirmed as i said. The buyer and me we actually tried few times refund and he tried to send the smaller amount to see if the amount was to high and it was still on hold which is why we trying to find another way. You can check on google paypal actually put your on hold if its a paypal account that is new or not used much..

Reactions: SanCap
it is paypal that was holding the money i login from paypal site and also on my paypal app and it was from
Paypal. When i called them they even said on the phone my money will be on hold till 3 days after getting delivered. Then i did some research and many people had that problem special people that was new to PayPal. Some waited few months before there the hold were took of.. i know there is some scam with different kind of url which i faced that but this is really paypal because it was in there own site and they also confirmed as i said. The buyer and me we actually tried few times refund and he tried to send the smaller amount to see if the amount was to high and it was still on hold which is why we trying to find another way. You can check on google paypal actually put your on hold if its a paypal account that is new or not used much..

I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Dji_freak
Hi, im trying to sell my Inspire 2 to a member here but paypal giving me problems because i don’t use paypal much. I opened paypal few years ago but i just used it once or twice. I dont really buy things online using paypal. I was wondering if there is any other way then paypal to do a safe transaction for both side other then paypal? Please get back to me if you can help thank you!
Western Union. Very safe, reliable, and global.

I use PayPal a lot. But when first starting off. Just like your normal bank. Checks are held. PayPal requires a certain number of completed transactions. Especially large amounts are of course held. In case there is an issue. Once the honeymoon period is over. Funds would be available for immediate disbursement.

And surely you would request for signature on so large a sale. So they cannot claim they did not receive it. Some companies require it when the shipment exceeds a certain dollar amount.

The thing that bothers me about your story is that Paypal inherently has buyer-protection built right in. If the buyer sends you the money and you send a bad item, THEN the buyer can dispute the purchase. Paypal will refund the buyer's money and will then come after you. So your buyer's added layer of "freezing funds" for 3 days is unnecessary and puts ALL the risk on your shoulders. In this transaction, risk must be shared equally.

Sounds like you have trepidation on this deal so here are the steps I would take.

* Tell the buyer that if he's not willing to send the funds in a traditional Paypal manner (withOUT a hold), he can piss off. Assuming he's good with those terms....

* WELL DOCUMENT the condition of the Inspire one with VIDEO. Make sure you show the Inspire 1 flying about, doing what it's designed to do. Show that the batteries work, the controller works, the bird boots up with no errors and on and on. Cover every nook and cranny of the bird, the controller, batteries, accessories, etc. Be sure to highlight any distinguishing marks (like scratches) so he can't claim you sent a different bird. Diligence is your best friend.

* Post the video to YouTube and share the link with your buyer. Let him know that this is the video you will share with Paypal should a dispute arise.

* Cite that the video is proof the item you are sending is in good working order.

You're not selling a $200 battery. Your buyer is investing thousands. So an elevated level of diligence on your part is to be expected.

The drone world is a very high-tech world. If you lack the ability to shoot video and upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, then you shouldn't have purchased a drone in the first place.

I've done thousands of purchases via Paypal for as much as $3,000. Paypal is in the BUYER's corner. Therefore, this extra layer of holding back funds is not necessary.

Good luck.

D

Last edited:
Just do cash on deliver (good ole fashiond COD) with UPS or something. They don't deliver the package unless they get cash on hand. It costs a lot more, but you have to pay for protection.

I'm not sure what you expect. If you're that worried about it (and by the way, I would NEVER sell something for more than $1k via any transaction OTHER Than in person), then sell locally (and arrange to meet at a police station). That's the only way to guarantee a safe transaction.

I have been using PayPal for over 10 years now with transactions from $25 to over $3000, both buying and selling. Never had funds that were sent to me placed on hold and always use PayPal invoicing whether buying or selling. That way both the buyer and seller are covered. PayPal covers invoiced purchases that are not as described for 180 days from date of purchase.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I have been selling on ebay for a couple of years now, mainly with the inspire 1 series. The start of 2019 or a little later, paypal has started to hold money's over a certain amount due to bad sellers. I myself have been scammed on 2 pachages worth over $3000.00. Once I received a 50 cent drone and once a magazine, but in the final end I did receive my money's. It usually would take a couple of weeks to receive the money's due, but was alway's taken care of. I believe paypal is now holding the money's on a transaction until the item is received from the buyer due to fraud's. No worries at all with the holding on you money, you will receive it within 1 buisness day after the tracking shows in was delivered. Hope this helps.

I use PayPal all the time, why, I don't like many people having my credit card numbers. I have sold and bought through them and never had a problem. One thing, when shipping anything of real value, make sure you require a signature proving it was delivered, that way no one can claim it wasn't. Not only that you eliminate the possibility of a package being taken off a door step. OP is wise to take precautions, but PayPal is a good solid company. I did have them hold my money once but it was only a couple of days, and I understood why once they explained, they are very good at protecting the seller and buyer.

As I have said before, the reason PayPal is holding money's is because there are a few seller scammers. I have paid up to $1700.00 for a drone package and received a 50 cent plastic drone. I did have to prove and show pics to PayPal, but once done my money's were returned to me in a reasonable time span. PayPal is all about the buyer's because that is what create's the sellers in which the money's are made. No matter what happens, I completely trust PayPal, if you sell enough products you will experience the problem. This is the only way PayPal can protect the buyer from the few scammers' we have on ebay. For the most part the majority of sellers on ebay are very respectable individual's.(ONLY A FEW BAD SELLERS). With all the interest on how PayPal works, if not satisfied, send and receive money orders, with no third party involved that should work with no problems at all. (LOL)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry