Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sd card I1

Reaction score
I was going to order a new SD card for my I1 ... But a little confused ... Can I use a SDXC class 10 U3 95mb/s or should I just go with a SDHC 64GB class 10 ... I'm not sure if there would be a big difference with the U1 and the U3 indication on the card... Can the camera on the I1 take advantages of the higher card ? Thanks

You need 85mb/s or higher for 4k recording. Class 10 varies between 40-95mb/s just look for the speed of the card.

You need 85mb/s or higher for 4k recording. Class 10 varies between 40-95mb/s just look for the speed of the card.
Hello Gigs ....
Thank you for your help... I 'm going to order the SanDisk extreme pro 64GB UHS-I/U3 SDXC with memory up to 95MBs

Reactions: Gigs
good choice. Ive ordered a couple of these cheap PNY ones but still doing 90mb/s. I see a few guys already use them without issue in the I1.

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Turbo-Per...8&qid=1431297172&sr=8-3&keywords=microsd+64gb

That's a read speed

I still don't get what attracts pilots to larger cards. I run SanDisk Extreme 8gb cards since I swap them out with each battery. I DO go for the Extreme Fastest card I can get and pay about $12 each. IMHO, why 64gb?

While there's nothing wrong with your method, I'm guessing you could fill up an 8gb card in the flight time of a TB47 battery...so yes it makes sense, change sd card while changing battery. At $12 a piece though you're paying $96ish for a set of cards that you could've bought 1 for $60 and it would be faster in both read and write speeds.

That's a read speed

Minimum requirement for 4k write speed is 30MB/s. The PNY card does about 60 MB/s write which is actually faster than the Lexar card supplied with the I1 @ about 48 MB/s

8gb card is about $12. 64gb card is about $30, I dont have to keep swapping it with my batteries, its easier for me and user preference.

I still don't get what attracts pilots to larger cards. I run SanDisk Extreme 8gb cards since I swap them out with each battery. I DO go for the Extreme Fastest card I can get and pay about $12 each. IMHO, why 64gb?
Each to his own... To me many small cards = a pain to manage and more risk of losing one or getting confused about what is on which. I prefer a big one I don't need to care about until the end of the day.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Minimum requirement for 4k write speed is 30MB/s. The PNY card does about 60 MB/s write which is actually faster than the Lexar card supplied with the I1 @ about 48 MB/s

8gb card is about $12. 64gb card is about $30, I dont have to keep swapping it with my batteries, its easier for me and user preference.

More cards more organization needed, more redundancy though.
I run Lexar x300 in UHD 4k. No Problems.
In gamer nerd terms.... Oh you have SLI GTX Titan x's for Mined Craft! nice Rig (completely Unnecessary).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters