Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sensor Bias Too Large...

Reaction score
Website
www.rogerapolinar.com
I always try to find the most level area I can but it never fails. EVERY SINGLE time I calibrate the IMU and compass and go to take off I get the "Sensor Bias...place on a flat level surface" warning. Wondering if anyone else has to contend with this issue as much as me. Suggestions?

Reactions: lrh111
I always try to find the most level area I can but it never fails. EVERY SINGLE time I calibrate the IMU and compass and go to take off I get the "Sensor Bias...place on a flat level surface" warning. Wondering if anyone else has to contend with this issue as much as me. Suggestions?
Mine did that once. I can't see very well and I thought it said "senior" bias so I tried to ignored it

Edit: didn't want to sound flippant, really did happen, so I got my level, placed Inspire on table, used paper under legs until perfectly level, then recalibrated, problem hasn't re-occurred, and the horizon seems more level
Edit:
Ya, and what Damon says below, once you get imu right leave it alone until next firmware upgrade or it starts flying crazy

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
You don't need to do the IMU calibration before every flight as a practice unless the mod values for the sensors are high or the app tells you to.

Just the compass if you change locations.

You don't need to do the IMU calibration before every flight as a practice unless the mod values for the sensors are high or the app tells you to.

Just the compass if you change locations.
+1

Last time I did an IMU calibration was when I updated to .17
However, I ALWAYS check my mod values before EVERY flight, if there were ever outside of the stipulated parameters or I got an error message I would calibrate again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa