Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Setting home point / Guides?

Reaction score
i tried to set me home point via the app (as my home point was set at my house 10miles away when I started the app). With everything on I tried clicking the Aircraft home point but it wouldn't work many ideas?

Also anyone know what guides do?

Thanks.

James.

It will set itself when you start the motors, just check that it does.

My iPad is being connected by wifi through my phone. So no gps on my iPad.

Wouldn't have thought my iPad needed GPS to set via the app. Thanks.

I think guides allow you to draw a route?

You do not need GPS on the tablet, and it should actually be in airplane mode when you fly.
The home point at startup is set to the aircraft's location obviously using its own GPS. It will not accept a manual home point setting until it is in flight.

Reactions: thumpinhard
You do not need GPS on the tablet, and it should actually be in airplane mode when you fly.
The home point at startup is set to the aircraft's location obviously using its own GPS. It will not accept a manual home point setting until it is in flight.

Further to Kilrahs response, I have also found that if Im standing reasonably close to the Inspire when I try and set the home point it won't work whereas if I walk away to about 8-10 metres, it will. Hope that helps too.

Reactions: KnifeEdge
Sometimes I'v seen it not work. I never use it because it worries me. Iv seen it only remember the spot where the bird is at. The location of the remote is not so much. Iv also turned on my gps on my ipad and it turned it on for some reason but not always.. Its one of those things you want to test close before you use it. It felt random to me on start up of the bird. .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan