Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sharing photos and/or video from your Inspire

Reaction score
I have a question for the forum.... I've had my drone now almost two months and have taken a few thousand pictures. Some pretty cool. I've decided to share many of the really good ones on Facebook to the local community for my city. So, there's several thousand people that are seeing the pictures.

I then started to wonder if someone takes one of these pictures then uses it for some commercial purpose, could that then be used by the FAA to say "I'm" using it for something other than hobby? I'm guessing this would be pretty far fetched, but still I wonder.

I'm not looking for any $$$ in anyway, just wanting to share. I'm also not trying to attract people to my Facebook page for any business reasons. I don't do any photography or filming for money in any way. I do own a business, but it is in no way connected to UAV use of any kind.

First off if you want to share beautifully shot photos online and you took the shot then the copyright law resides with you.

You technically do not need a watermark on the photos but it maybe a good idea.

Also make sure you have the RAW files cause if there is an issue on who owns the photograph only the person who possesses the RAW file is the owner of the photo.

Case and point I have a photograph that are now being circulated virally through online military/law enforcement sites. There has been so far 2 people claiming they took the photo and both times were proven wrong when that can not produce the RAW files. Fortunately the ones that called these people out were witnesses when I took the photo.

I gave a Jpeg photo to my friend and he shared it with his and just blew up from there thus why it had no watermark on it.

Here is the photo.

Attachments

• will.jpg
    will.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks Outta Control. I'm not worried about someone else claiming the photo. I'm more worried about the FAA coming back on me if someone else uses the photo to make money without my knowledge.

A friend of mine said once it's on Facebook, they reserve the right to use it and lay claim to it anyway. It stated in their user agreement. I'm sure they aren't going to use it, but someone else may.

Thanks Outta Control. I'm not worried about someone else claiming the photo. I'm more worried about the FAA coming back on me if someone else uses the photo to make money without my knowledge.

A friend of mine said once it's on Facebook, they reserve the right to use it and lay claim to it anyway. It stated in their user agreement. I'm sure they aren't going to use it, but someone else may.
1) FAA would have to prove you took the photo. Also the FAA has better things to do than go after one photo.
2) FB reserves the right to use a photo but can not claim it. That can be disputed in court based on copyright laws.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop