Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sharpest Aperture 25 & 45 Olympus Lenses

Reaction score
Just got my 25 & 45 Olympus lenses in yesterday and was wondering what’s the sharpest aperture everyone is using to get the sharpest photos. I just got the I2 and have the I1 and I’ve never been impressed with how soft the images are from the factory 15mm lens.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Just got my 25 & 45 Olympus lenses in yesterday and was wondering what’s the sharpest aperture everyone is using to get the sharpest photos. I just got the I2 and have the I1 and I’ve never been impressed with how soft the images are from the factory 15mm lens.
I have recently bought X5S for my I2 and I have to say that I am actually very pleased with how sharp the 15mm DJI lens is. Maybe I have been lucky and got a good copy but it is sharp as tack. The sweet spot seems to be between f5.6 and 8. I am a pro architectural photog and shoot my normal work with Canon 5DIV and TS-E lenses, so I know what sharp is. For this lens I use sharpening in LR 55, 0.7, 55, 5, shooting DNG. Than if I really want to make it pop even more or when printing, I apply a modest amount of USM in PS as a last thing.

Last edited:
I have recently bought X5S for my I2 and I have to say that I am actually very pleased with how sharp the 15mm DJI lens is. Maybe I have been lucky and got a good copy but it is sharp as tack. The sweet spot seems to be between f5.6 and 8. I am a pro architectural photog and shoot my normal work with Canon 5DIV and TS-E lenses, so I know what sharp is. For this lens I use sharpening in LR 55, 0.7, 55, 5, shooting DNG. Than if I really want to make it pop even more or when printing, I apply a modest amount of USM in PS as a last thing.

I shot a project recently and I have to say that my I2 photo quality is better than my I1. I can zoom in on small objects and they’re a bit sharper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjamin123