Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I buy an Inspire 1

Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying an Inspire 1 however after reading this forum and a few others I am concerned that there are so many problems with this drone, especially with the GPS dropping out and IMU calibration issues.

What do others thinks of the Inspire 1?

If it had a heart beat I'd...

On a serious note, if you're questioning it, don't buy one. There's already more than enough information about the I1 on this very forum and not to mention how many others. So if you've read this forum as you say you have and you're still indecisive, then I recommend to not buy one. Perhaps take a look at a P3? It would seem there's an I1 under the shell and more.

Reactions: Eduardo Bilbao
Im not interested in the P3. I already have two P2 vision plus's and don't want anymore of this series and on top of this the P3 is not yet proven. The only reason that I am questioning this possible purchase is that I have read that there are so many issues, if the issues are firmware related it does not concern me however if for example the unit has a GPS that's faulty then I will wait until the Inspire 2 (whenever that gets released).

Im not interested in the P3. I already have two P2 vision plus's and don't want anymore of this series and on top of this the P3 is not yet proven. The only reason that I am questioning this possible purchase is that I have read that there are so many issues, if the issues are firmware related it does not concern me however if for example the unit has a GPS that's faulty then I will wait until the Inspire 2 (whenever that gets released).
I own an I1 and if I were you, I would wait a little bit till DJI releases some new features, or till the new platforms as the SOLO from 3DR is proven or the P3. I was very happy with me Inspire but now I don't see what is the big advantage over the other platforms. If somebody knows let me know because I don't see a big advantage anymore. They don't release the waypoint feature probably because they want you to buy another controller. They new platforms are starting with it.

Hope this helps on your decision.

Yea do it, it's an awesome craft. You're going to read bad stuff online because people share bad stuff online. The vast majority of users don't have issues and as such don't feel the need to voice their opinions on the internet. Buy one, take it out and fly it, don't worry about the firmware updates

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Agreed. To me the P3 is an affordable spare if for whatever reason my Inspire 1 gets completely destroyed. I'm still glad I went with the Inspire.

Does not matter what you read because everything thing made has a chance of being buggy at random! It's just a part of life! I have 2 brand new tractors bought at same time and dealer for the farm and one is flawless the other is a money pit! With that said your best bet it to compare prices and options.. I for one have not had one single issue with anything but the delay on my 2nd controller being shipped!

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I think that I will shell out the $ and buy one. You know it funny that there are so many people complaining but I agree with Grupix, its only the whingers that complain on-line, sadly this makes genuine buyers like myself sceptical.

Definitely wanna wait at this point. There are rumors of a price drop right around the corner.
I've had mine for 2 months. I love it. The camera is neat but I bought it for its cool flying factor. It's powerful motors and its transforming legs. I am always amazed that I have a vehicle that I can fly almost completely out of sight and then look at my IPhone screen .... Turn it to the map screen, see my orientation and then follow back the trail that has been logged in the map screen.
Yes every flight the first 2 minutes are plaged with compass errors and loss of GPS. I Just use that time frame to Hoover and practice my manual flying skills to offset the temporary loss of full GPS stability.
I had to sell 3 very expensive pistols and a couple of very collectible knives to afforded this drone. Even with the acknowledged firmware issues I would still buy it again. I'm comfortable that the minor problems will be addressed ....... Reason being that everyone is having exactly the same problems.
I love this bird. Have a new canopy coming so I can screw up a paint job on it and still have the original canopy to fall back on if that's the case.
The really neat deal with this drone is the international support group that you and I are participating in and reaping the benefits of the knowledge of fellow Inspire 1 owners who are vastly more mechanically gifted and certainly more intelligent than this restaurant worker.
Buy one and enjoy it.
Dennis

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I think that I will shell out the $ and buy one. You know it funny that there are so many people complaining but I agree with Grupix, its only the whingers that complain on-line, sadly this makes genuine buyers like myself sceptical.
Yea word. It's not whinging per se, but I think people get lost in what could be, rather than what is. From flying the original Phantom 2 years ago, it's amazing to me how far the technology has come along and what this thing is capable of. It's truly a remarkable piece of engineering. Be aware of it's flaws (i.e. camera, early flight stabilization issues, loss of signal at times) and understand how to mitigate those factors, and I think you'll really enjoy it.

Definitely wanna wait at this point. There are rumors of a price drop right around the corner.

There is no price drop comin man or no Inspire 2, there is nothing but hardware and firmare updates coming which am super excited about. yea there are some minor problems like switching to atti on its own, I experience that a few times not everytime I fly, just switch it to atti like it says then switch it back to GPS and it's back to normal, I fly mine almost everyday multiple times a day not to mention mostly over water not on purpose but all the nice scenery where i live happen to be around water, on sunday I went 10400 feet over water not a single problem. I just keep in mind that it can't switch from gps to atti at anytime so I stay away from people, trees etc and constantly glance at the screen, so if you can afford it right now go ahead and join the rest of us. It's the same thing with cars, toyota, ford have problems all the time that kill multiple people because of recalls, but that don't mean am not gonna buy a camry

I have been on the line about purchasing an Inspire 1 too. The posters here are correct. There will be some individuals that just like to complain. "Sh_t" happens to mechanical devices. Just buy, fly, be safe and be happy. Mine is on the WAY!!!!

QUOTE="justhere, post: 23631, member: 19395"]I have been thinking about buying an Inspire 1 however after reading this forum and a few others I am concerned that there are so many problems with this drone, especially with the GPS dropping out and IMU calibration issues.

What do others thinks of the Inspire 1?[/QUOTE]

I posted a similar comment to a thread in the help section, but I feel this section gets more views, and that's only based on the fact that I view this section more. For those who have purchased already, can you recommend a good place to do so? I'm currently considering B and H, Amazon, or directly from DJI. The local hobby shops in my area do not carry the I1. Thanks.

I bought one, crashed it second day!
Still loved every minute I had with it.
Can't wait to get it back!!!
I don't regret buying it!!!

If that doesn't convince you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa