Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Since it's so cold here.. Touchscreen Gloves? What do you use?

Reaction score
I was on the search for a pair of gloves that:
- have full fingers
- are touchscreen compatible
- are warm
- are tight and well fitting.. (like it when there's no droopy fingertips) lol

So after looking around I decided on a pair of North Face.. Because I'm a fan of all things NF.. and they were 20% off.. The rubber gripping triangles were pretty cool too..

So far they operate my phone, ATM, car radios and other screens without too much annoyance... I do wish the entire thumb was conductive, because It seems that i tend to use the side of my thumb on my phone a lot.. go figure..

What do you guys use? Any opinions?

(Quads in the pic are placed there purposely) :p

Gloves.jpg

I'm interested to hear other solutions too. I've been flying in Chicago, trying to only fly when it's above 20 degrees but am having trouble with gloves. Even the thinnest gloves I have are hard to control with I end up taking them off mid flight, then my fingers are numb by the end of it! I have some mittens with the top part that removes and leaves the fingers bare. My fingers end up being numb after 10 minutes with these but I'm thinking of buying a pair of thinner glove liners and wearing them under the mittens, hopefully that works out, will have to test tomorrow!

Think it depends if you're a 'Pincher' or a 'Thumber' - More control pinching and less feel through gloves if you're a thumber.

But this weather without gloves after a 12-15 minute flight :eek:.... I have to look down after landing to see if I've even got fingers left !!!

Last edited:
I actually have a pair of mittens. No joke but the tops fold down to expose my fingers. I use my thumbs with no problems through the glove thumbs (they do not fold).

Reactions: SkysTheLimit
I actually have a pair of mittens. No joke but the tops fold down to expose my fingers. I use my thumbs with no problems through the glove thumbs (they do not fold).

ha... I have similar mittens with the folding tops.. My problem was that I was leaving them unfolded for too long because I'm constantly using the touchscreen..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters