Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

So nobody brave enough to upgrade to the new firmware???

Reaction score
I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments/posts regarding the updated firmware v1.2.0.14 released yesterday!

After we've seen a couple of reports of crashes seems DJI have dabbled with the compass settings in firmware when abnormal conditions are met (but they do not say what they are)

Also, it appears if you do not update your firmware you may not be able to start your motors.

Think I'll wait for v2 Inspire and around v4.6 of firmware :D

I've received my Inspire but am also hesitant to fly for at least a few days.

Let's give credit to guys that have the balls to fly and comment back in these forums. We have a lot to learn from their experiences. We already have issues related to the first firmware upgrades.

I've seen a few posts from haters who question the product, sit back and do nothing but criticize.

We should be critical when appropriate. Having lost 2 Visions, one to a battery problem and the other to a fly away, I personally am concerned how things will play out. I'm pleased to see early positive comments, and am grateful to these who contribute.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Risk takers and gamblers out there, willing to jump into this "bleeding edge" technology at this early stage, should expect to get a few cuts and bruises along the way...I too, will wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: slim.slamma and ctp
Well your gonna wait by proxy of just ordering the Inspire, lol. The thing that does give me some extra confidence is that this is the Inspire were talking about, a heavily banked on and hyped bird for them. I suspect they'll do anything to avoid the product itself being a flop, literally.

Can you fly it without new firmware to check it out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unlike the P2V where some elected to keep older firm ware, for various reasons, seems like you won't have a choice any more. inspire is locked until firmware upgrades are done. Not sure if this is going to apply to future updates, but I can see this becoming a real pain if you're out and about, without a computer, and an upgrade appears.

Does anyone know if these firmware locks are going to be permanent?

I upgraded to new firmware today. Some change when ?. think it is beautiful to fly. Have not noticed anything. just gets better and better. great videos give it and

Unlike the P2V where some elected to keep older firm ware, for various reasons, seems like you won't have a choice any more. inspire is locked until firmware upgrades are done. Not sure if this is going to apply to future updates, but I can see this becoming a real pain if you're out and about, without a computer, and an upgrade appears.

Does anyone know if these firmware locks are going to be permanent?

Wow - Does the Inspire come with internet connection built in then? :D

Some software I use tries to do the same thing - just deny it an internet connection!

I think there's some confusion here. AFAIK, the motor lock is caused by firmware mismatch between craft and controller. This has nothing to do with the craft somehow knowing it is flying with outdated firmware. Blade strike and Tahoe Ed on the RCGroups Inspire thread have confirmed this here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Firmware mismatch is completely different than a running an old version of the app. If you do not receive a warning and do not need to unlock motors the craft has gone through a self check. Remember you can fly the craft without the need of an app unless the craft does locks the motor do to an error.

My question: So that's what the "unlock motors" feature is for?

You should be able to fly the craft just fine but just be aware that the you will not be able to use the F mode. This is dialed by the new fw be default. You will need the newer app version to enable all these features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGarrison
The release notes regarding the INSPIRE 1 firmware version v1.2.0.14 is listed as below:
Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware Version updated to: v1.2.0.14
2. DJI Pilot app Android Version updated to: v1.0.0.1
Major Updates:
1. Display height and distance limits in the DJI Pilot app. IMU program updated.
2. Added button in DJI Pilot app to enable or disable the Flight Mode Switch on the remote controller. The Flight Mode Switch is disabled by default. Enable the Flight Mode Switch to switch from P mode to A or F mode.
3. The compass will turn off automatically when abnormal compass readings are detected. The aircraft will enter A mode when the compass is off.
Notice:
1. Update the firmware to the latest version, otherwise you may not be able to start the motors.

My question: Firmware mismatch?

2. Re-link the remote controller to the aircraft if the connection is lost after the firmware upgrade.

Firmware updated without issue. Flies like a dream. Only 5 sorties today. Single battery flying is a chore.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments/posts regarding the updated firmware v1.2.0.14 released yesterday!

After we've seen a couple of reports of crashes seems DJI have dabbled with the compass settings in firmware when abnormal conditions are met (but they do not say what they are)

Also, it appears if you do not update your firmware you may not be able to start your motors.

Think I'll wait for v2 Inspire and around v4.6 of firmware :D
Since day 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baie Car