Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sold my Inspire, happiest person around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I sold my Inspire. Man am I happy !!! Haven't been so happy in a long time by selling something I would have liked to keep.

6 months of aggravation is over.

It COULD have been a great machine, but it is just a piece of garbage, with very crappy customer service. What a pity.

Having sent my Inspire in 4 times for repairs, and finally exchanging it, and still had the same issues. Very poor RC Range, tilted horizon and so forth.

And please don't tell me it was just mine, I know 9 people who have one and they ALL have these issues. Even with the latest FW.

So all in all, I am very happy I sold.

Anyone who thinks of getting one, think twice and look around in all the forums.

So you don't have stilted horizon ? No RC range issues ? Disconnects, etc. ?

I did loose a chunk but better like this than more aggravation

I did loose a chunk but better like this than more aggravation
Only thing I get occasionally is the tilted horizon but I shoot 4k and output 1080 so its not an issue in post production.

If I spend the time on the correct IMU and compass calibrations as well as taking off from a level surface I never get the tilted horizon.

Only thing I get occasionally is the tilted horizon but I shoot 4k and output 1080 so its not an issue in post production.

If I spend the time on the correct IMU and compass calibrations as well as taking off from a level surface I never get the tilted horizon.
Ditto for me. The only issue I ever had was due to pilot error

I bought mine second hand and has no issues to speak of.... very rarely I get the tilted gimbal.. but its hardly noticeable

Sorry to see ya go, but If your better not having the hassle of owning one, then all is good

Either you guys are very lucky, or you are not using it hard enough..:)

On a 3000 $ machine, even an occasional tilted horizon doesn't cut it, in my opinion.

I really did want to keep it, and tried everything, for months, but it just made me unhappy every time I flew with it. Still too many issues..

If you had all those problems, I feel sorry for the person that bought it from you? Do you feel guilty? Did you tell the new owner all your problems?

Reactions: Jimmy and Arriguy
I sold my Inspire. Man am I happy !!! Haven't been so happy in a long time by selling something I would have liked to keep.

6 months of aggravation is over.

It COULD have been a great machine, but it is just a piece of garbage, with very crappy customer service. What a pity.

Having sent my Inspire in 4 times for repairs, and finally exchanging it, and still had the same issues. Very poor RC Range, tilted horizon and so forth.

And please don't tell me it was just mine, I know 9 people who have one and they ALL have these issues. Even with the latest FW.

So all in all, I am very happy I sold.

Anyone who thinks of getting one, think twice and look around in all the forums.
I hope you find what you are looking for. The Inspire is a great aircraft and I shall continue to enjoy flying it and developing my business with it.

If you had all those problems, I feel sorry for the person that bought it from you? Do you feel guilty? Did you tell the new owner all your problems?
Sure I told him. Actually flew with him on handover.

Its not that it had problems that other Inspires dont have. I have seen 9 other Inspires in detail, and they all have these issues. Its just a crappy piece of equipment. As I said, it COULD be a great machine, IF it was a quality product with proper support from its manufacturer.

Yea their service sucks, everyone has tilted horizon but I flew almost 2 miles the other night, get a solid mile and a half during the day if there are no obstructions.

There are a few tips you should know that dji doesn't tell you in order to have a better experience flying their buggy products. Forum is a good place to learn how to fix these problems yourself instead of sending it in and waiting 2 months, what a joke.

Dji has great potential but they aren't delivering. If they ever get the sdk stuff working again I'd bet there will be a third party app that puts djis app to shame. Get a better app, a better camera, disable their nfz crap and this baby is gonna be pretty sweet.

Reactions: Fanti

On a 3000 $ machine, even an occasional tilted horizon doesn't cut it, in my opinion.
It's certainly not a good thing but frankly the only other option is build your own and hang a go pro but I like the stats in the app and ability to stop and start recording and take stills with a button press, even though the still quality is not that great. A similar app on a custom built drone would be far more ideal in my opinion

So why do you bother, I mean, just say goodbye and move on to the forum of your next multirotor brand. Get over and done with it. Not to be rude man, I wish you many many flyable days and a long life.

But it almost seems like you want us to make you feel bad about your decision.

Well OK than, here it goes: :)
My Inspire1 is just insanely great. Never failed me once, even with the current beta sdk and beta apps (I'm beta tester for several autopilot and ground station type of apps), I even fly over water, take off and land on my little boat etc. And if such a Beta app crashes, the bird still flies just as sweet. or mean, let's face it, it's the most awesome shape in the sky. I just love the shadow it casts with high sunlight. Sometimes frame it deliberately to use as transition between different takes.
I can honestly say that purchasing this wonderful craft changed my life.

Most people with rc experience aren't having problems. The i1 has been sold by DJI as being so easy anyone can fly it and that's exactly what has happened. People with zero experience building their own fpv rigs don't seem to fair very well when things aren't perfect and have no idea what to do.
I believe you made the right choice by selling it and Im just as happy as you about it! :)

Reactions: AKPhantom
Every single inspire has the tilted horizon, it is a known issue. It's more noticeable depending which direction you're facing. The newest firmware may have fixed it, not sure, but it's been a problem 8 months at least

Most people with rc experience aren't having problems. The i1 has been sold by DJI as being so easy anyone can fly it and that's exactly what has happened. People with zero experience building their own fpv rigs don't seem to fair very well when things aren't perfect and have no idea what to do.
I believe you made the right choice by selling it and Im just as happy as you about it! :)
Therein lies the problem, dji advertise it as such and then fail to provide support when those people have issues. I don't blame them one bit for being pissed, lol

Every single inspire has the tilted horizon, it is a known issue. It's more noticeable depending which direction you're facing. The newest firmware may have fixed it, not sure, but it's been a problem 8 months at least
I don't have a tilted horizon and never have. So there is 1 anyway. So you figure because YOU had a tilted horizon everyone does?
Grow up and move on. Admit it...you had zero experience before buying the i1 and couldn't get it the way you wanted it so you gave up and sold it. Now you try to talk crap about one of the most technologically advanced rtf fpv units ever sold. You couldn't make it work, now you come to this forum bragging that your so happy you sold it. Like I said I'm just as happy as you are you sold it. Now move on to another brand and post the same thing on thier forum when you can't get it to work either.

Therein lies the problem, dji advertise it as such and then fail to provide support when those people have issues. I don't blame them one bit for being pissed, lol
I understand the frustration and I normally don't waste my time replying to such posts but it strikes me wrong when they come to an i1 forum talking crap about something that they have no understanding of how it all works and then talk about how happy they are they sold it. So, if they are that happy about selling it and glad to be rid of it why would they still be coming to an I1 forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian