Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Solid Blue Light on Bird

Reaction score
I purchased an Inspire one off eBay. When I got it it needed quite a few updates and wouldn’t work on my end. I sent it to DJI they fixed it and sent it back. Now when I power it on I get a blue light on the bird and when in the dji pilot app it says aircraft disconnected. It is in travel mode but I can not take it out of it because the rc will not connect with the drone. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thank you

have you tried to bind the RC to the Inspire?
turn on both Inspire and RC, launch the GO App, and under the RC setting in the app hit the "Link remote", then on the left side of the nose behind the cover push the small red button and hold for a sec or two then release and the linking should state complete on app screen. BTW DJI calls Left and Right when looking at the nose. so if it was a car the red button is on the Passenger side

Reactions: Phil DeVore
you are using the DJI GO App right? cause i read you said DJI PILOT App which i believe wont work on the Inspire 1 series. but also try to press and hold the red button a few sec then see.

you may also need to update the RC to match the Firmwares

yes sorry I went the go app. And yes I will try that tomorrow I already packed it all up. Thank you though I’ll get back to you on it

yea im guess if you sent to DJI they prob loaded the latest FW of 1.11 onto the Inspire so the RC may need an update as well.

I had that issue with a used bird the FW or RC was lower than the AC FW so it would not link until i updated the RC to match

Yes make sure that your aircraft and RC are on the same firmware version or you’ll have trouble. Also make sure that the DJI GO app is on the current version too.
You might have to uninstall and reinstall it several times to get it to work.
And if all that fails try using DJI Assistant.

Last edited:
Yes make sure that your aircraft and RC are on the same firmware version or you’ll have trouble. Also make sure that the DJI GO app is on the current version too.
You might have to uninstall and reinstall it several times to get it to work.
And if all that fails try using DJI Assistant.
DJI Assistant doesnt work for the Inspire 1

Ok sorry for getting back so late I’ve had a busy past 36 hrs. I tried linking the rc and bird and I’m getting no response. I then tried updating the firmware on the rc thinking that might be the issue but when I do that I’m getting no response and when I load the flash drive into my computer to see the text file it’s giving me an abort message saying they are either the same or an older firmware.

Ok sorry for getting back so late I’ve had a busy past 36 hrs. I tried linking the rc and bird and I’m getting no response. I then tried updating the firmware on the rc thinking that might be the issue but when I do that I’m getting no response and when I load the flash drive into my computer to see the text file it’s giving me an abort message saying they are either the same or an older firmware.
when you turn on the RC with a phone/tablet can you see what firmware the remote has on it? can try to downgrade the FW on the RC then try to link again.

If the rc will not connect it usually is the video downlink board on the back of the inspire. Remove the 4 screw's on the hdmi module and pull the cover off, the cover then has a plastic cover over the downlink board remove and that usually is the board that has to be replaced...I have had to do that on a few remotes that I have repaired...Goodluck..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin