Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sorry, Polar Pro guys ...

Hey I know it's an old post but I came across this post because I'm fighting the same problem. I've tried Hoya and Polar Pro and both ND8 filters are giving me fits in post with white balance and color grading on X5 footage. Just wondering how the B+W 46mm MRC 103M Solid Neutral Density 0.9 Filter 66-1069135 is working for those of you who are using it. And I noticed B&H sells a single coated (SC) version of this filter at just over half the price of the MRC. Is it best to go with the Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC)? Thanks!

Edit: I came across this ND8 filter as well and was wondering if anyone has tried it and would like to comment on it. Formatt Hitech 46mm Firecrest ND 0.9 Filter

Last edited:
Hey I know it's an old post but I came across this post because I'm fighting the same problem. I've tried Hoya and Polar Pro and both ND8 filters are giving me fits in post with white balance and color grading on X5 footage. Just wondering how the B+W 46mm MRC 103M Solid Neutral Density 0.9 Filter 66-1069135 is working for those of you who are using it. And I noticed B&H sells a single coated (SC) version of this filter at just over half the price of the MRC. Is it best to go with the Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC)? Thanks!

Edit: I came across this ND8 filter as well and was wondering if anyone has tried it and would like to comment on it. Formatt Hitech 46mm Firecrest ND 0.9 Filter

If you read my post again you'll notice that B&W filters were included in comparison with very good results. However, in general all ND filters, particularly darker than 1.5 will introduce some troubling coloration, even the best brands. Luckily there's rarely any need to use such dark filtering. B&W ND8 MRC filter performed nicely with pleasant, slightly cooling effect which is much more appealing than notorious magenta tint of cheaper brands. The only minor drawback was the weight of tested B&W filters, significant due to brass housings, which may cause the gimbal to work harder or require some custom balancing. Later I've discovered Formatt Hitech brand and purchased a set of 3 filters (0.6, 0.9 and 1.5 density). Nicely made, perfectly weighted and fairly neutral. With exception of 1.5 density filter, which introduces some coloration into video as expected. I'm using mostly FH 0.9 in average sunny summer day with good results.

39mm-67mm Circular Firecrest ND Filters (SuperSlim Stackable)

If you read my post again you'll notice that B&W filters were included in comparison with very good results. However, in general all ND filters, particularly darker than 1.5 will introduce some troubling coloration, even the best brands. Luckily there's rarely any need to use such dark filtering. B&W ND8 MRC filter performed nicely with pleasant, slightly cooling effect which is much more appealing than notorious magenta tint of cheaper brands. The only minor drawback was the weight of tested B&W filters, significant due to brass housings, which may cause the gimbal to work harder or require some custom balancing. Later I've discovered Formatt Hitech brand and purchased a set of 3 filters (0.6, 0.9 and 1.5 density). Nicely made, perfectly weighted and fairly neutral. With exception of 1.5 density filter, which introduces some coloration into video as expected. I'm using mostly FH 0.9 in average sunny summer day with good results.

39mm-67mm Circular Firecrest ND Filters (SuperSlim Stackable)
Yeah, that's precisely why I asked how the B+W ND8 MRC filter was working out for everyone -- because I saw the results you had posted.

So what's the difference between Circular Formatt Hitech Firecrest ND 0.9 Filter from Formatt Hitech and Formatt Hitech Firecrest ND 0.9 Filter from B&H? (besides the price)
Thanks.

Yeah, that's precisely why I asked how the B+W ND8 MRC filter was working out for everyone -- because I saw the results you had posted.

So what's the difference between Circular Formatt Hitech Firecrest ND 0.9 Filter from Formatt Hitech and Formatt Hitech Firecrest ND 0.9 Filter from B&H? (besides the price)
Thanks.
There difference is with image posted in B&H catalog, these are the same filters (if you scroll the density down the image will be identical with FH catalog, showing MC as for Multi Coating).

Reactions: Anthony69
There difference is with image posted in B&H catalog, these are the same filters (if you scroll the density down the image will be identical with FH catalog, showing MC as for Multi Coating).
Thank you! I'll order from FH. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84