Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Spotlight Pro Test

Try locking your white balance in. Snow is a tricky for the auto fuction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What happened at the 0.43 mark? Looks like the front of the I2 got into the frame, I didn't think that was possible.

The camera was facing towards the rear of the bird which is what you saw as the bird braked to a stop. Unfortunately it may be visible in that scenario, but nothing like you could see on the Phantoms.

Reactions: Kino
Yeah, once I got the shot I needed I cam to a quick stop, I was heading toward some high tension power lines and I didn't want to get anywhere near them. I always record more footage then I need and cut it down later.

This was a quick, Hey lets test the SpotLight pro so camera was basically in automatic for all settings, as you can tell, I really didn't mess with the focus or anything.

I'll be filming the Can Am Dog Races, and therefore will need to practice quite a bit with the SpotLight Pro feature. I did it last year with and Inspire 1 and two pilots, but the more I play with the Spotlight feature the more I am thinking it might be better.

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for posting this. I am unclear how spotlight functions in relation to flight modes. Were you actively flying or was this in ActiveTrack or similar?

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for posting this. I am unclear how spotlight functions in relation to flight modes. Were you actively flying or was this in ActiveTrack or similar?

I was about 20 feet in the air when i selected the Spotlight Pro mode. I highlighted the snow machine and then manually flew up the hill following him.. I didn't perform any manual gimbal adjustments at all.

Once we were done I returned to my location and landed, I had not turned off the spotlight pro mode and surprising enough the camera followed the snow machine right down to touchdown. I was impressed at how well it kept the subject into view.

Now as you can see from the video, Its not entirely smooth, but this was done on the fly with no setting adjustments.

I was about 20 feet in the air when i selected the Spotlight Pro mode. I highlighted the snow machine and then manually flew up the hill following him.. I didn't perform any manual gimbal adjustments at all.

Once we were done I returned to my location and landed, I had not turned off the spotlight pro mode and surprising enough the camera followed the snow machine right down to touchdown. I was impressed at how well it kept the subject into view.

Now as you can see from the video, Its not entirely smooth, but this was done on the fly with no setting adjustments.

Most of it looks excellent in terms of smoothness. It seems like it works better where the selection is a bit more distant, giving it more room for slower camera movements without fear of hitting the walls. :) I wonder if adjusting the "Smoothness in follow mode" setting in gimbal settings would help in the close ups. I am not clear on what that does and when. Anyone?

Most of it looks excellent in terms of smoothness. I wonder if adjusting the "Smoothness in follow mode" setting in gimbal settings would help. I am not clear on what that does and when. Anyone?

I believe that only affects the gimbal following the aircraft heading

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was also flying quite aggressive, which didn't help with the smoothness either. I'm trying to put this thing through hell to see how it responds, and so far, its amazing compared to my Inspire 1

I love the spotlight pro feature. Makes single operator possible! I upsize the fpv view and try to frame the shot with it.

What happened at the 0.43 mark? Looks like the front of the I2 got into the frame, I didn't think that was possible.

Yes it's possible if you haul @ss them stop the gps lock puts the breaks on and the copter jerks while the camera stays buttery smooth. In this case it jerked so much it cam into frame. The best way to get around this would be to switch to atti mode and when you let go of the sticks it will just coast like in neutral and hold its altitude as it coasts along

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Yes it's possible if you haul @ss them stop the gps lock puts the breaks on and the copter jerks while the camera stays buttery smooth. In this case it jerked so much it cam into frame. The best way to get around this would be to switch to atti mode and when you let go of the sticks it will just coast like in neutral and hold its altitude as it coasts along

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
Thanks for the info...wasn't too worried about it, just caught me by surprise.

That was pretty impressive... Forgive me if this was mentioned and I missed it - but was this with an X4s or X5s?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbhutaniclinic