Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SSD 'Not Recording' - anyone with a solution to this one please?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Couldn't find this one in past threads..

I have an I2/Cendence/Crystalsky. I can suddenly no longer record pro res to the SSD. It was working. But now it just says 'Not Recording'. It wasn't associated with any updating. It was possibly associated with hot-swapping a battery to the Crystalsky.

It prompted me to update all the f/ware on the I2, the RC and the Crystalsky. After that, the video info screen in Go 4 showed SSD resolution size instead of 'Not Recording' and I thought normal service had been resumed.

Today, 3 flights later everything seemed in order. Then I had a low battery warning on the Crystalsky and hot-swapped batteries again. Might be coincidence, but I then noticed the SSD 'Not Recording' had come back. Not only that but, if it had been recording prior, the files were lost from the SSD - it was empty. Thankfully I record h265 at 4k to the SD card, too, as back-up.

Does anyone have a solution to get my SSD recording again asap? Everything obvious has been tried, including refreshing f/ware update on the I2; but not on the RC or Crystalsky because I don't know how to refresh it..

Thanks.

I have had this problem a time or two. What I do now to make sure the SSD card is recording is go to settings, then to photo/video. Under video be sure the SSD card is on (green). I use 422HQ, in the rectangle under Prores422HQ there are three choices. One of those choices is "Not Recording". I click on 16:9 3840x2160 and that shows in the rectangle. I have no idea why the SSD card will sometimes default to "Not Recording"

I have had this problem a time or two. What I do now to make sure the SSD card is recording is go to settings, then to photo/video. Under video be sure the SSD card is on (green). I use 422HQ, in the rectangle under Prores422HQ there are three choices. One of those choices is "Not Recording". I click on 16:9 3840x2160 and that shows in the rectangle. I have no idea why the SSD card will sometimes default to "Not Recording"
Many thanks Photobeauty; I'll check that out tomorrow and feedback.

It worked! Thanks a lot Photobeauty. Off topic but we tested 422 and 4444 and found 4444 to give more detail. Is your experience different?

Jumped the gun - still no recording to the SSD. Everything looks set correct. Pro res' license is recognised. SD is recording h265 in 4k, fine. 3840 showing in ssd settings and switched on (green). Tearing my hair out. Can anyone shed light? Photobeauty?

Photobeuty's suggestion works for me. Prores 422H Q set to 16:9 3840x2160 along with SD H.264 at same size now recording to both. Will add this to my preflight checklist to avoid disappointment and heavy drinking after returning from a shoot with nothing in Prores. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah