Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Standard quadcopter propellers on the Inspire 1

Reaction score
Is it possible to put standard quadcopter propellers on the Inspire 1? I would like to try 3 blade propellers!

In general 3 blade propellers are optimal for most aircraft because compared to 2 blade, they vibrate less, create less noise, and , have less thrust imbalance as each blade passes the arm/wing/fuselage, and experience less aerodynamics changes during a rotation. The drawbacks would be less efficiency and less convenient packaging. On threads about this topic usually a lot of responses are to the effect of "DJI engineers chose the best propellers", but that's not really how engineering works. You have to work within constraints like cost, packaging, etc.

I bought my Inspire 1 V1.0 used and it has quick release adapters so underneath is the original screw shaft. Does the design allow you to attach standard propellers like these? Gemfan 1310-3 3-Blade X-Class Propellers (Set of 2)

I see that several companies make T-Motor adapters but there seem to be no 3 blade T-motor props Inspire 1 motor T-Prop style adaptor https://www.amazon.com/XOAR-Propellers-Aluminum-Self-Tightening-Adapters/dp/B015HQAC40

Last edited:
Is it possible to put standard quadcopter propellers on the Inspire 1? I would like to try 3 blade propellers!

In general 3 blade propellers are optimal for most aircraft because compared to 2 blade, they vibrate less, create less noise, and , have less thrust imbalance as each blade passes the arm/wing/fuselage, and experience less aerodynamics changes during a rotation. The drawbacks would be less efficiency and less convenient packaging. On threads about this topic usually a lot of responses are to the effect of "DJI engineers chose the best propellers", but that's not really how engineering works. You have to work within constraints like cost, packaging, etc.

I bought my Inspire 1 V1.0 used and it has quick release adapters so underneath is the original screw shaft. Does the design allow you to attach standard propellers like these? Gemfan 1310-3 3-Blade X-Class Propellers (Set of 2)

I see that several companies make T-Motor adapters but there seem to be no 3 blade T-motor props Inspire 1 motor T-Prop style adaptor https://www.amazon.com/XOAR-Propellers-Aluminum-Self-Tightening-Adapters/dp/B015HQAC40
A lot has to do with the Drone Gross Weight and MSL Altitude flown. I have a 1V2 and have experimented when below 6,000' ASL with different OEM Plastic and Carbon Blades. I live most of the year at or above 8,000' ASL and actually have to use the DJI Inspire 1V2 Part 98 1360T Quick Release High Altitude Propellers as usually what works at Sea Level doesn't work well at Altitude. I've never tried 3 bladed propellers. Good luck!!

Did you ever try this? I would think that the steeper pitch plus the extra blade may more put stress on the LiPo than would be safe... particularly under load. But I can also imagine that the results would be fantastic in terms of manoeuvrability! Make sure to do some test flights without the camera first ?.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo