Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Started using Airdata.com and can't figure how to assign second battery to flight

Reaction score
Website
www.portlandprodrones.com
Maybe I am missing something but I cannot figure out how to assign a second battery to a flight in Airdata flight logs. I have batteries labeled and identified as A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. in the Batteries section and it is doing a good job assigning one battery to the flight, but then I want to be sure the second battery is correctly associated with that flight.

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris, is the AirData battery section recognizing the individual serial numbers of your batteries and separating them? AirData is pretty quick to respond to questions I have had emailed them about in the past.

Hi Chris, is the AirData battery section recognizing the individual serial numbers of your batteries and separating them? AirData is pretty quick to respond to questions I have had emailed them about in the past.
Hey Michael,

Yes, but it only recognizes 1 battery per flight from what I can tell. I just emailed them and they said the system currently doesn't allow 2 batteries to be assigned to the same flight. They said it in their short term road map, but no time frame to support that. Do you have other information regarding tracking both batteries?

Hey Michael,

Yes, but it only recognizes 1 battery per flight from what I can tell. I just emailed them and they said the system currently doesn't allow 2 batteries to be assigned to the same flight. They said it in their short term road map, but no time frame to support that. Do you have other information regarding tracking both batteries?

Sorry for the confusion, this is Jim, I have been assisting Michael with online support for a couple of months now and we will make it clear as to who is responding.

The dual battery issue could be a stumbling block and hopefully they will come up with a work around till their software catches up. I do not have any other info regarding tracking both batteries but with the 16 batteries I use, I need to figure this out. We will keep you posted if we find any new information.

Jim

Sorry for the confusion, this is Jim, I have been assisting Michael with online support for a couple of months now and we will make it clear as to who is responding.

The dual battery issue could be a stumbling block and hopefully they will come up with a work around till their software catches up. I do not have any other info regarding tracking both batteries but with the 16 batteries I use, I need to figure this out. We will keep you posted if we find any new information.

Jim
Hey Jim, Thanks for the info. I am also looking at DroneLogBook.com and they also associate a single battery. I can go in manually and assign Battery A2 to the flight using Battery A1, but they don't the battery heath and automatic reminders for doing maintenance, which for me, seems like a helpful thing. If I find anything new I will also post it.

Hey Jim, Thanks for the info. I am also looking at DroneLogBook.com and they also associate a single battery. I can go in manually and assign Battery A2 to the flight using Battery A1, but they don't the battery heath and automatic reminders for doing maintenance, which for me, seems like a helpful thing. If I find anything new I will also post it.

Sooner or later we/they will figure it out.

It's started recognising one battery, but not both. Sometimes it'll display the mAH of two batteries, sometimes just one. As they're flown as a pair I just record them as a pair and keep an eye on any voltage variations that it shows.

Fwiw, I think the Airdata battery temperature graph sometimes gets confused too as it can show sections with a massive oscillation - I think it's reading figures from both batteries at different temps.

It's started recognising one battery, but not both. Sometimes it'll display the mAH of two batteries, sometimes just one. As they're flown as a pair I just record them as a pair and keep an eye on any voltage variations that it shows.

Fwiw, I think the Airdata battery temperature graph sometimes gets confused too as it can show sections with a massive oscillation - I think it's reading figures from both batteries at different temps.
I have had a similar experience. I have mine labeled as A1-A2, B1-B2, etc. And when it doesn't show two I manually assigned the other battery. Not perfect, but good enough for now.

I've tried re-assigning the batteries, but found it just swapped one serial for another so have given up - I just manually track them now.

I also found early on that the battery # times charged counter is inaccurate compared to that of the battery itself - same for I2 and Phantom 4 batteries.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Airdata & find it useful, but there are a few 'gotchas' in places.

So I emailed AirData about tracking 2 batteries a couple days ago and here is the reply:

Thanks for the note. This feature is currently in development and it is scheduled to be released next week. Please stay tuned.
Hope this helps,
Frederic

Reactions: NickU
So I emailed AirData about tracking 2 batteries a couple days ago and here is the reply:

Thanks for the note. This feature is currently in development and it is scheduled to be released next week. Please stay tuned.
Hope this helps,
Frederic

That will be a welcome addition to what they offer, thanks for the update.

On their site is stated that :
Limited Battery InfoAs of DJI GO 3.1.11, Battery information in the log is limited. So temperature, cell deviations and amperage use are currently not available.

and

Only one BatteryWhile this aircraft uses more than one battery, only one battery is reported in the flight log.

I'm wondering after 2 years there should be some workarounds so what you guys use to post monitor the life of every single cell?

Thanks!

Maybe I am missing something but I cannot figure out how to assign a second battery to a flight in Airdata flight logs. I have batteries labeled and identified as A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. in the Batteries section and it is doing a good job assigning one battery to the flight, but then I want to be sure the second battery is correctly associated with that flight.

Thanks, Chris
Chris I an trying to answer you here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian