Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

sticking control

Reaction score
Hello all. Newbie to the forum and of course I have a question: Has anyone experienced a control stick hanging up? I'll try to make this as short as possible. I did a manual takeoff today by pulling both sticks back and in. The motors started, I released the sticks, I pushed forward on the left stick to ascend but instead the drone took off backwards at what looked like full speed and cartwheeled to a stop. Snapped a motor boom arm, propellers, etc. It all happened so fast I didn't know what the hell had transpired. I go pick up the pieces and lay them out on the tailgate of the truck. I was so disgusted and so rattled I had not turned off the controller. I reach over to do so and I see that the right control stick is still all the way back in the center position. I flip it with my finger and it pops back to neutral and of course I can't get it to stick in that position again. The drone and remote are 3-4 months old and I've probably got 20 flights on this equipment and never had a problem of any kind. Has anyone heard of this before on an Inspire controller?

Hello all. Newbie to the forum and of course I have a question: Has anyone experienced a control stick hanging up? I'll try to make this as short as possible. I did a manual takeoff today by pulling both sticks back and in. The motors started, I released the sticks, I pushed forward on the left stick to ascend but instead the drone took off backwards at what looked like full speed and cartwheeled to a stop. Snapped a motor boom arm, propellers, etc. It all happened so fast I didn't know what the hell had transpired. I go pick up the pieces and lay them out on the tailgate of the truck. I was so disgusted and so rattled I had not turned off the controller. I reach over to do so and I see that the right control stick is still all the way back in the center position. I flip it with my finger and it pops back to neutral and of course I can't get it to stick in that position again. The drone and remote are 3-4 months old and I've probably got 20 flights on this equipment and never had a problem of any kind. Has anyone heard of this before on an Inspire controller?
Welcome to the forum and I'm very sorry to hear of your expensive mishap. I too have never heard of the sticks becoming stuck. You say you pulled down and in to start the motors. It is strange that it became stuck fully down and centred. I admit I have both thumbs one my sticks for takeoff but don't normally look down. I do the same left stick up to climb to a safe height AND then do my full control checks. This situation would have caught me out too.

I'm sorry for your loss, never heard of this happening apart from the tablet mount failing and interfering with the sticks. I pull mine down and too the outside to start and let them go I think not sure if I keep my thumbs on the sticks! Once it has done the start sequence it would just go into full reverse. I would send your inspire and the control back with the log of your stick movements. They will clearly show what has happened. Something else for me to think about when I go flying thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum and I'm very sorry to hear of your expensive mishap. I too have never heard of the sticks becoming stuck. You say you pulled down and in to start the motors. It is strange that it became stuck fully down and centred. I admit I have both thumbs one my sticks for takeoff but don't normally look down. I do the same left stick up to climb to a safe height AND then do my full control checks. This situation would have caught me out too.
I'm sorry for your loss, never heard of this happening apart from the tablet mount failing and interfering with the sticks. I pull mine down and too the outside to start and let them go I think not sure if I keep my thumbs on the sticks! Once it has done the start sequence it would just go into full reverse. I would send your inspire and the control back with the log of your stick movements. They will clearly show what has happened. Something else for me to think about when I go flying thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I can't do without it long enough to send it in so I will try to make the damage repairs myself. Is there a tutorial that you're aware of that would enable me to access those logs? Would I be able to verify the problem if I saw it on the log? Thanks

Go into your go app, on the first page where it says connect to your DJI device you will see an Icon on the top left hand corner shaped like a paper plane. Click on that and you will find your flight records, click on the record your require first one on the list in your case then select the small RC icon and then press play. You will be able to see in real time the exact stick movements that occurred and length of time in each position. Hope this helps.

I did a manual takeoff today by pulling both sticks back and in. The motors started, I released the sticks
One of the first thing I was taught when flying RC was to never just let go of the stick, but to always accompany them with your fingers where you want them.

Guess it makes sense.

Go into your go app, on the first page where it says connect to your DJI device you will see an Icon on the top left hand corner shaped like a paper plane. Click on that and you will find your flight records, click on the record your require first one on the list in your case then select the small RC icon and then press play. You will be able to see in real time the exact stick movements that occurred and length of time in each position. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info. Unfortunately the flight doesn't show on my logs. The last flight three days before is the last one shown. The whole event took less than 10 seconds so I don't know if that accounts for the absence or not.

One of the first thing I was taught when flying RC was to never just let go of the stick, but to always accompany them with your fingers where you want them.

I guess you are right. Expensive lesson learned. Another member is shipping a repair tube this week and Ill attempt the repair. Thanks to all for the advice, information, and parts.

Guess it makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44