Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Still learning how to fly, SAFELY

If you have the footage it should be seen. Pm me a link. I'd sure like to see it. Motorcycles wheelie, cars speed, and I leave the seat up all of the time. We can't all follow the rules all of the time. If so, we as a species would never evolve. We need risk takers to push limits. Yes **** will happen. I am not saying to go out and hurt people and I know I will be flamed up and down for this but the risk takers are the ones who often bring us to the next levels. They also get in trouble. Let them. It is part of the risk.
I know you will all say, "well it effects the hobby and then effects us all." We will have to roll with the punches. Rules are coming either way and me sitting here making some poor dude feel like butt for posting isn't going to change that. If you think we have a say in how things go down in this counrty you are blind. You will be regulated either way. Just be on the good side of that's where you want to be. But trust me, the dark side is sweeeeet.
Notice you never see any of my videos. You think that is a coincidence?

FRREEEEEEDOOOOMMMMM!!!!
Having retired from the most egotistical, narcisitic, and argumentative professions, attorneys, I no longer have to prove anything to anybody. I have been there and done that, and no longer wish to engage in any controversy, especially something as frivolous as flying my copter over a public road or over buildings or houses which I either own or know the owners. I know I have not broken any local laws or engaged in any reckless flying or endangered any person or placed any innocent animal in peril. But I have nothing to prove by showing off my novice, amaturish flying skills, which are nothing to bragg about. I attempt to use common sense and not fly over or near people and, when crossing public roads, do it in such a way to minimize risks. I certainly do not think that a drone in the sky is any more distracting than an airplane, bird, or a sexy woman showing her legs and other attributes off. Being a more advanced age than most on this forum, I recognize my mortality and am now working on my bucket list, lifes short and I have to play hard. I am now too old to race motorcycles or do wheelies, but I confess I have done my share. I still ride motorcycles and have had my motorcycle licence since 1964, and I hope to go cross country this summer on my BMW GTL. Having travelled all over the world, I am proud to be an American and be able to experience real freedom, at least for a while.

Enjoy life and be nice

@crashburn - I hope my post regarding legality in the UK didn't offend? It was not aimed in your direction. I was simply pointing out to Alan on this thread that the flight would be deemed illegal in the UK under the Air Navigation Order (Cap722). But there again as I pointed out to Alan - you are not in the UK and therefore not bound by the ANO. ;)

Apologies if I came across as harsh, that was not my intention.

Enjoy your flying

@crashburn - I hope my post regarding legality in the UK didn't offend? It was not aimed in your direction. I was simply pointing out to Alan on this thread that the flight would be deemed illegal in the UK under the Air Navigation Order (Cap722). But there again as I pointed out to Alan - you are not in the UK and therefore not bound by the ANO. ;)

Apologies if I came across as harsh, that was not my intention.

Enjoy your flying
No problem, and thanks for your reply. This is a first time experience for me, so I have a lot to learn. I'm open to any, well deserved, critizism. It's a big investment, but I really do not have the time learning how to fly other cheaper copters without the built in features of the Inspire. So far, so good, and I'm having fun, but still have a lot of trepidation about flyaways and crashes. I'm packing it away for about a month, until after I get back from New Zealand and then after a couple of weeks I'll be back flying and escaping life's problems, which I find my motorcycle and the Inspire, with a good sunny day, provide.

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
Video voluntarily removed

Enjoy life and be nice
I am glad I was able to see your videos before you removed them. Nice job! Looks to me like you are doing a great job getting the hang of the Inspire1.

My wife and I lived in Charleston (actually Mount Pleasant and Daniel Island) for ten years over 15 years ago. We loved it there; seeing your videos helped me remember how beautiful and tranquil it is. I am envious of you getting to fly there every day... I will be flying to SC in order to visit family in the upstate in a week and plan to bring my Inspire 1 with me. Sadly though it is not quite the same as the low country ... :(

If you are so inclined to want to share again, I for one would love to see your pictures/videos (even if only by private invitation).

Have a great time in New Zealand!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla