Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Still No Competition for I2?

thing is, DJI is meanwhile one of the biggest production houses in the world. they earn much more money with producing a dozen car ads etc per year, than with the hardware.
every bigger DJI country office has a huge production team, and their worldwide location know how, drone competence etc etc is unmatched.

Where did you get the boom/arm hinges?
You can find many variants of those [a little too heavy, though] in the Chinese stores, search all in Aliexpress, you can find even using a picture, using the searching functions by picture.
Using the Aliexpress app is more convenient.

Reactions: SanCap
The Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7 has no real competetion in the field of useability, as other users have stated, and great quality. The price point from here triples very quickly for a heavy lifter and worthy camera, again with a clunky workflow.

If/when DJI releases the I3, itll be because they want to, not because they have to.

-KG

Reactions: atmosphericarts
We recently suffered a crash of our Inspire 1, one of the earliest models, that always flew great for us, no problems (the crash was operator error...yes, me!). We had an aerial job we were working on so we purchased the Mavic 2 Pro from Best Buy just to complete the job. It worked great. Now, we're looking into upgrading to the Inspire 2 but with the cost of all the extras, we are unsure (plus all the reviews I see that talk about so many I2 problems). We like the Evolve II and the Yuneec Typhoon H3 with the Leica camera. Due to the size, camera and interchangeable lenses, we're going to wait until we see what the Evolve II does and what the video from it looks like before we decide. For our commercial clients either the Yuneec H3or Evolve II would be fine but I want to be comfortable with it too as the pilot.

We recently suffered a crash of our Inspire 1, one of the earliest models, that always flew great for us, no problems (the crash was operator error...yes, me!). We had an aerial job we were working on so we purchased the Mavic 2 Pro from Best Buy just to complete the job. It worked great. Now, we're looking into upgrading to the Inspire 2 but with the cost of all the extras, we are unsure (plus all the reviews I see that talk about so many I2 problems). We like the Evolve II and the Yuneec Typhoon H3 with the Leica camera. Due to the size, camera and interchangeable lenses, we're going to wait until we see what the Evolve II does and what the video from it looks like before we decide. For our commercial clients either the Yuneec H3or Evolve II would be fine but I want to be comfortable with it too as the pilot.
I have three Inspires 2, never had issue nor problem. I have one actually for sale, tested thoroughly and performing splendidly ...

Was thinking about it, actually. Just make a X8 camera or X9 and i2 users will be more than happy with it. But also there are well manufactured uav that already own the i2.

Also there are even better from another professional company with more than 30 km range, but obviously I forgot the name. Will post once I find it. Anyway here in Europe everyone worried about EASA, and “CE” certified drones. Which already doesn’t exist yet. So no one is actually producing goods atm. I’m waiting for an i3 that has to compete and have that CE mark on it or I will flee dji. [emoji17]

Was thinking about it, actually. Just make a X8 camera or X9 and i2 users will be more than happy with it. But also there are well manufactured uav that already own the i2.

I hate to seem contradictory, but none of those drones “owns” an I2. In fact the best gimbal camera they appear to have is a super-zoom inspection camera with a 20mp sensor and HD video. The standard gimbal camera offers 4mp photos and HD video.....(crickets). One did look like it could hold a Sony A6000 or similar APS-C camera, and depending on the model, that may get you into 4K video, but how hamstrung is the operation and worklflow?

30km range? Seriously? What do you need that for and how does it justify calling one of these “Italdrones” an Inspire 2 killer?

And to finish it off, those folks look super proud of all their stuff. Bet you pay Matrice prices for that HD video theyre giving you. I see nothing even in the same category as the I2 from this manufacturer.

-KG

Reactions: rbycapri
I hate to seem contradictory, but none of those drones “owns” an I2. In fact the best gimbal camera they appear to have is a super-zoom inspection camera with a 20mp sensor and HD video. The standard gimbal camera offers 4mp photos and HD video.....(crickets). One did look like it could hold a Sony A6000 or similar APS-C camera, and depending on the model, that may get you into 4K video, but how hamstrung is the operation and worklflow?

30km range? Seriously? What do you need that for and how does it justify calling one of these “Italdrones” an Inspire 2 killer?

And to finish it off, those folks look super proud of all their stuff. Bet you pay Matrice prices for that HD video theyre giving you. I see nothing even in the same category as the I2 from this manufacturer.

-KG

No one of these italdrones. Maybe I made a bit of confusion typing too much.

These are different drones, but I cannot find the link atm.
just they as are a small company...no competition for dji.

No one of these italdrones. Maybe I made a bit of confusion typing too much.

These are different drones, but I cannot find the link atm.
just they as are a small company...no competition for dji.

Understood. Dont get me wrong, the fact that Italdrone and companies like them are pushing new things out is exciting. I look forward to seeing the drones that come in the next 10 years. For now Im a happy I2 camper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare