Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Strange Problem With Camera. Sun Related?

Reaction score
I've noticed when playing back some video that there's a weird flickering or something along those lines that briefly appears. I think its related to a certain angle when the camera is towards the sun. It hasn't been too frequent but kind of annoying. I've pasted a link to show you. It happens at 1:20, 3:20, and a couple other times throughout the video. Is this the propellers creating a shadow over the camera?

Last edited:
Yeah I would say most likely its sunlight creating a shadow. I noticed the same thing whenever I flew a phantom and the sun hit it like that. Also I'm jealous of such a wide open area to practice with. That looks awesome.

that must be a pain in the *** to mow every week.... WOW, what a spread, has anyone mentioned the words, "over-achiever" before? j/k :)

Assuming you had the ND filter on the lines might be AE or possibly the data encoded within the video becoming visually present due to the blades & the sun contrasting. This is why you never fly a single prop plane with the prop b/t you & the sun. Try locking the AE & see what happens.

If you still get the flickering lines, you can try taking a small piece of black electrical tape & try covering 1/4-1/2 of the upper portion of the lens. It has to be against the actual lens, not the lens cover or filter for this to work but will block the reflections from entering the elements all the way back to the sensor. It's a trial & error until you get the right amount covered.

Wormwood

Yes, def sunlight through the props. Had it a fair bit of this in the past with other aircraft and Gopro's depending on the angle of the sun. Does look like your landing gear is down through out the flight so this may be causing more of an issue.

Also, not quite sure why the gimbal isn't compensating for the horizons?

Yes, def sunlight through the props. Had it a fair bit of this in the past with other aircraft and Gopro's depending on the angle of the sun. Does look like your landing gear is down through out the flight so this may be causing more of an issue.

Also, not quite sure why the gimbal isn't compensating for the horizons?
I had the landing gear up but I'm not sure why the props show themselves. I had the camera set to FPV so that's why you see the horizon move. This is an awesome place to fly but unfortunately I don't live there. It's a property that belongs to a family member so I try to get there whenever I can. It is drone paradise :).

Maybe the Inspire was banked far forward enough to catch the rotors in shot despite being in the up position on some of the faster moves?

Can't get mine to fly in FPV mode whatever I try and it always straightens the horizons. On the iOS app myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool