Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tb47 vs tb47s batteries

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use their TB47 or TB48 Inspire 1 batteries with the M600 Pro? They fit...i know they but i cant find any discussion on wheather you can or not...i have alot of them and wouldnt mind having those serve as an additional set...

something in the circuits might be different? im not sure just saying an idea. I dont own the M600 but i do have the hex charger for my Inspire 1 batteries.

best i can say is try to mount 6 inspire 1 tb47 batteries in the M600 and try to out and see if it turns on like it should

Considering I have almost $5k wrapped up in this, I think I will wait to hear if this has already been tried. I dont want to ruin the firmware setups in the batteries if the Matrice tries to update them or mess up the Matrice firmware, without knowing if there are any serious repercussions.

something in the circuits might be different? im not sure just saying an idea. I dont own the M600 but i do have the hex charger for my Inspire 1 batteries.

best i can say is try to mount 6 inspire 1 tb47 batteries in the M600 and try to out and see if it turns on like it should

As long as the voltages are the same (and they are), they should work. If the batteries use different FW and/or communication protocols for the battery telemetry, then telemetry data will either not work or show erroneous data, but should not damage the M600. I know for a fact that you can charge Inspire 1 batteries in the M600 Pro charger, as I have done this a couple times. I believe the form factor is different enough that the Inspire battery might not physically fit. Have you tried? It would be interesting to know.

D

They do fit, with no issue..,the top of tge TB-47 /48 are larger, but the body is exactly the same size and slides ito place with no issues. Contacts are exactlyvtly the same as well...my concern is i dont want the M600 to automatically update my batteries

Or do something that would prevent them from working in my Inspire again...

They do fit, with no issue..,the top of tge TB-47 /48 are larger, but the body is exactly the same size and slides ito place with no issues. Contacts are exactlyvtly the same as well...my concern is i dont want the M600 to automatically update my batteries

As much as I have seen profound differences in reliability and features with Flight Controller firmwares, I haven't had any issues with battery firmwares. I BELIEVE that the battery FW can be rolled back with FC firmware .bin files, if need be.

I run legacy FW v1.08.xx in my Inspire 1. But the app would report different FW versions depending on which of my 5 batteries I had installed. So what I did was run the .bin file via the MicroSD card on the offending batteries to gain consistency across all batteries. This worked like a charm. And because you're basically re-installing the same FW version to your Flight Controller, the "update" happens quickly and painlessly.

If you're savvy enough to be that in tune with your FW versions that you know which version your battery has, I'm going to guess you're comfortable will using .bin files in your MicroSD card, yes?

D

Or do something that would prevent them from working in my Inspire again...

Bricking the battery is highly unlikely. If I had an M600 Pro, I would probably try it using my oldest Inspire battery. But I'm rogue that way....<;^)

D

I used to be more "do it and see what happens" , but Im not looking to spend hours trying to undo a mistake if i brick 6 of my Inspire batterries all at once....if I dont have to...isince the batteries are Identical in every way physically, except the white slanted top piece, which fits the Inspire 1 body profile, I would think they would work....i cant believe at $800 a set of batteries for the Matrice, I'm not the only one thinking about this, especially if you already own a slew of Inspire batteries...
Thats why I reached out, to see if someon has been down this road.

I used to be more "do it and see what happens" , but Im not looking to spend hours trying to undo a mistake if i brick 6 of my Inspire batterries all at once....if I dont have to...isince the batteries are Identical in every way physically, except the white slanted top piece, which fits the Inspire 1 body profile, I would think they would work....i cant believe at $800 a set of batteries for the Matrice, I'm not the only one thinking about this, especially if you already own a slew of Inspire batteries...
Thats why I reached out, to see if someon has been down this road.

No....you misunderstood. Install ONE Inspire battery and 5 M600 batteries. If the M600 doesn't like it, I'm sure you'll get an error message in the Go 4 App.

As I stated earlier, I was able to use the M600 charger on my Inspire batteries, which tells me that, electrically, they're identical. I believe the odds of bricking your one Inspire battery is VERY slim. But to be safe, I suggested you do it on your oldest battery. If the FW version DOES get "changed," it shouldn't take but a few minutes to restore the battery's FW. This is based on my experience with Inspire 1 battery firmware.

I wish I were there. I'd let you try with one of my Inspire 1 batteries.

D

I'm curious on this too? You can find TB48 batteries much lower cost than TB48S. I think Michale with FDS has a large inventory of TB48 for extremely good price. I don't need any more I1 batteries for my 2 I1's, but I'd buy more if usable in the M600P.

I may try it... with 1 and see if the 6 pak complains. Also see if FW updates and reports correctly as a TB48S on the M600P.

Along the battery line, yep entertianing alternate options to work around the high cost of the TB48S. Setting up a S1000 Octal A3/LB2 to use a dual set or single LiPo pak... at a much lower battery cost... the new smart Tattu LiPo look like a great compromise solution too.

I am considering doing this for a TB47D or TB47s in the Inspire 1.

I suspect all that is needed is to swap over the top cap?.. Not sure if it is that simple but battery options are running low and this could work well.

I suspect all that is needed is to swap over the top cap?.. Not sure if it is that simple but battery options are running low and this could work well.
There was a separate post that came up after... check Post 9 and on a few after. I did attempt to look swap the tops. Negative, different circuit boards.

Omitted the Link:

Last edited:

When push comes to shove, I'm going to try the same thing. And I believe you are correct in the assuming that the electronics are the same. Tests will need to be done.

D

Considering I have almost $5k wrapped up in this, I think I will wait to hear if this has already been tried. I dont want to ruin the firmware setups in the batteries if the Matrice tries to update them or mess up the Matrice firmware, without knowing if there are any serious repercussions.
Ditto here. Too many things can go wrong, not going to risk my $5K bird .

@ToledoJDF

Ditto here. Too many things can go wrong, not going to risk my $5K bird .
Understandable... check out the other link post #13 above... shows the takedown. It's not a quick top swap as hoped.

The Firmware is in the IC board, not the LiPo pak... those are identical... all 48 same, all 47 same. But you'd need to be very careful desoldering IC and moving to new pak. That may not be worth the risk, if error can't move back to original pak if overheated damaged board.

Not much concern to damage M600Pro itself, the voltage remains the same if not reversed on mains and IC leads.

Biggest issue in my opinion is IC firmware not accepting (recognizing) the swap and not indicating the battery voltage to M600Pro platform FW... as in my tests... voltage was present & functional but FW indicated no batteries. A reset to IC worked but as mentioned above, the Charge count may not be able to reset.

It's something to consider if critical... but I'm hopeful a 3rd party will release a better solution.

@ToledoJDF

Understandable... check out the other link post #13 above... shows the takedown. It's not a quick top swap as hoped.

The Firmware is in the IC board, not the LiPo pak... those are identical... all 48 same, all 47 same. But you'd need to be very careful desoldering IC and moving to new pak. That may not be worth the risk, if error can't move back to original pak if overheated damaged board.

Not much concern to damage M600Pro itself, the voltage remains the same if not reversed on mains and IC leads.

Biggest issue in my opinion is IC firmware not accepting (recognizing) the swap and not indicating the battery voltage to M600Pro platform FW... as in my tests... voltage was present & functional but FW indicated no batteries. A reset to IC worked but as mentioned above, the Charge count may not be able to reset.

It's something to consider if critical... but I'm hopeful a 3rd party will release a better solution.
A solution in search of a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters