Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 battery firmware update

Reaction score
I have an Inspire 1 V2 with five TB48 batteries that I bought used, but had not flown. In DJI Go with the drone on and communicating with the remote controller, I get an exclamation mark in Status, with a message saying the battery needs a firmware update. This only happens for one battery out of the five. The drone is already at the latest firmware, which was done previously (It was sent to DJI for repair before I got it, and not flown since). Researching this, apparently batteries have some embedded firmware that is updated when the drone is updated. It used to be you had to write the firmware on a MicroSD card, load the card into the camera, and start the drone to initiate firmware update. This had to be done for each battery, the system is smart enough to know that only the battery firmware needs updating. After V1.3 (I think) the firmware update is done automatically if the controller iPad/tablet is connected to the internet.
I have now cycled all the batteries through the drone, using DJI Go and with the iPad connected to the internet, and it appears the drone has updated the battery firmware automatically, because I don't see the warning with any of the batteries.
Should I be more concerned about this, or just be happy there are no warnings, and go fly?

I don’t want to update my Inspire 1

It was Modded by a guy

Only want the battery updates

Is this still possible besides finding a Pilot that has updated his and use my battery to get it updated?

If the firmwares do not match you will get an error. So if you dont want to update, dont update the batteries

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123