Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 Battery Self Discharge Time after 3 Mar 17 updates

Spotted another unannounced feature - the maximum time used to be 10 days, it's now up to 20 days.
Well that's a real step backwards however you look at it!
Firstly, who in their right mind would want to leave a Lipo fully charged for nearly 3 weeks?
Secondly, DJI constantly bang on about how wonderful their 'intelligent' flight batteries are and yet they have just introduced a worse feature that will allow numpties to leave a pack fully charged for longer!
Am I missing something......?

Reactions: NickU
2 days rules OKAY
Also noticed they have reset the values for RTH on battery low to 7%???

Must be based on distance between R/C and A/C but for me it arrived in a panic and wanted to go home. I got no notice at 20% that things are in need of action (i see 20% as about 3.42 volts) i was in hover and looking at other things that had changed since the update and the I2 was there above me doing a RTH !!.

Managed to cancel RTH and land in a controlled location. I then checked the settings for the warnings and found they had been reset by DJI to some ridiculous values that i would never use.

Last edited:
2 days rules OKAY
Also noticed they have reset the values for RTH on battery low to 7%???

Must be based on distance between R/C and A/C but for me it arrived in a panic and wanted to go home. I got no notice at 20% that things are in need of action (i see 20% as about 3.42 volts) i was in hover and looking at other things that had changed since the update and the I2 was there above me doing a RTH !!.

Managed to cancel RTH and land in a controlled location. I then checked the settings for the warnings and found they had been reset by DJI to some ridiculous values that i would never use.
Really seems like this is purposeful, dunno if it's DJI or not though, guess they shouldn't have made so many other companies mad with their bad business models.

Ed, Lol... wasn't suggesting it was a good thing ;) , just saying it was there :D . Will probably be good for TB50 sales with swollen packs needing replacing :D :D

Dr Jon yes, they reduced the low bat Rth threshold to 7% - it'll help them increase the 'usable' airtime closer to that in the specs ;) first thing I did was to reset that back to 10% and the warning back to 20%. You may find you got the message and unwittingly initiated (or cancelled!) a RTH thanks to them putting the C1/C2 buttons to initiate/cancel the RTH message. It caught me out once as I was busy with the gimbal and only saw the message appear AS I pressed one of the c buttons while moving the gimbal! If you were watching the aircraft as you pressed the buttons, you might not realise the message had even appeared!

I guess them reducing the 10% threshold to 7% will also mean that the motors can now be started beneath 10% too!

And you mean you didn't go back through all your settings after the firmware and Go4 updates to make sure they'd not kindly reset something for you?! o_O:eek::D I spotted the battery discharge settings thanks to reconfirming the set value after the issue you'd previously had with the bats not discharging after 2 days :cool:

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Yeah, I didn't think you meant that...

Good points though, would actually fit their model, lmfao.

That said, I don't trust them, so I went through all my settings after the update, most everything was reset, and the added their *optimized* settings as default.

Okay I'm guilty i didn't check any of the settings. I was going on a paid for flight and wanted to get there on time. As this wasn't about discharge i over looked many of the settings and today spent many unhappy hours resetting to something realistic.

BUT on the good side the customer loved the I2 we filmed all his expectations and more.

Now waiting for check in the post...

Reactions: NickU and EDDSkitz
Okay I'm guilty i didn't check any of the settings. I was going on a paid for flight and wanted to get there on time. As this wasn't about discharge i over looked many of the settings and today spent many unhappy hours resetting to something realistic.

BUT on the good side the customer loved the I2 we filmed all his expectations and more.

Now waiting for check in the post...
You wouldn't think you'd need to reset ALL of your settings after an update... I don't blame you there, I'm just paranoid and have no trust in this company.

I thought this change might have been a global change for the intelligent flight batteries, but it appears to be just for the TB50's. Flew my P4 this afternoon too and it's still limited to a max of 10 days for auto discharge, not 20!

So, for some reason DJI must think the tb50 Lipo cells can survive longer at charge.o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbhutaniclinic