Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 Issue.

Reaction score
One of my new (ish) batteries has recently developed an issue which I'm hoping someone might have some knowledge on? I flew a perfect flight with them last week, it was a cold morning with the ambient temp showing 0 degrees. Flew two sets of batteries with no problems however a couple of days later when powering on I got a message saying a battery was cold and to warm to 15 degrees before use, was also displaying N/A for that battery in the app and showing one LED on the battery. Obviously I didn't use it but instead put it on charge. It now erratically drops from 100% to N/A (one LED) and back? Has anyone experienced this? I know the TB50 had a known issue which was fixed with the firmware update but all my batteries are on the latest update. Any help appreciated.

In my batteries with latest firmware saying a battery was cold and to warm to 15 degrees before use,and a message cannot take off in the screen of dji go4 ,,but same time the in into batteries menu said 20 and more degrees.

Just out of curiosity, did you use the batteries onboard heater (by pushing power button 3 times)?
No but I didn't put them in and fly right away either, I allowed time for the self the heating system to do it's thing. I didn't get any messages on the day it was only a couple of days later when I went to use them again. I charged it fully yesterday and used it to power up and calibrate the vision sensors and it was fine until I removed it and checked the level, it had instantly dropped to one LED but checked 20 min later and it was, and still is showing four lights? Strange.

No but I didn't put them in and fly right away either, I allowed time for the self the heating system to do it's thing. I didn't get any messages on the day it was only a couple of days later when I went to use them again. I charged it fully yesterday and used it to power up and calibrate the vision sensors and it was fine until I removed it and checked the level, it had instantly dropped to one LED but checked 20 min later and it was, and still is showing four lights? Strange

No but I didn't put them in and fly right away either, I allowed time for the self the heating system to do it's thing. I didn't get any messages on the day it was only a couple of days later when I went to use them again. I charged it fully yesterday and used it to power up and calibrate the vision sensors and it was fine until I removed it and checked the level, it had instantly dropped to one LED but checked 20 min later and it was, and still is showing four lights? Strange.
I hold the button down for 5 seconds to initiate self heating.

I've never used the self heating feature myself. Thought I read somewhere 3 times on the power. Is there any indicators its in heater mode?

Very strange in deed.
Yes hold the button for 5 seconds and it will enter warming mode, if it needs warming it will indicate with two lights from either end flashing alternately. If it doesn't need warming it will flash a single light at either end alternately. Press button once again to exit.

Yes hold the button for 5 seconds and it will enter warming mode, if it needs warming it will indicate with two lights from either end flashing alternately. If it doesn't need warming it will flash a single light at either end alternately. Press button once again to exit.
I had thought 2 LED flashing was longer heat mode (colder battery) and as it heated up it showed 1 LED flashing, then later no LEDs indicated no longer heating.

When mine are cold, they'll transition from 2, 1, to off with about equal time on 2 & 1 LED.

Reactions: Rik Christiansen
Self heating is a brilliantly useful feature of the TB50's ( and 55's) If batteries are too cold (below 12 deg) the Inspire 2 won't even let you start the motors. Push the button for at least 4 secs. 2 lights will start flashing alternately then go down to 1 light (the end ones) flashing alternately. Heater stays on for around 30 minutes so and gets the battery up to around 17 degrees C then keeps it there, and only uses a small amount of power (around 3 to 5% in half an hour). Best strategy is to put 1 set on to heat while flying one set, so you are ready to go after the first set is finished. Put another set on to heat each time you change batteries and you will be able to keep going without having to wait. If it's really cold keep the batteries wrapped up in a blanket or spare jacket while they are on preheat. Make sure batteries are at least at 16 deg before doing anything more than hovering after take off. Unless you are flying in the artic, once in the air the batteries should generate enough heat to keep themselves warm.

Self heating is a brilliantly useful feature of the TB50's ( and 55's) If batteries are too cold (below 12 deg) the Inspire 2 won't even let you start the motors. Push the button for at least 4 secs. 2 lights will start flashing alternately then go down to 1 light (the end ones) flashing alternately. Heater stays on for around 30 minutes so and gets the battery up to around 17 degrees C then keeps it there, and only uses a small amount of power (around 3 to 5% in half an hour). Best strategy is to put 1 set on to heat while flying one set, so you are ready to go after the first set is finished. Put another set on to heat each time you change batteries and you will be able to keep going without having to wait. If it's really cold keep the batteries wrapped up in a blanket or spare jacket while they are on preheat. Make sure batteries are at least at 16 deg before doing anything more than hovering after take off. Unless you are flying in the artic, once in the air the batteries should generate enough heat to keep themselves warm.
Agree with the heater operation, but are you using F or C for your Temps? I'm assuming F, although you mention 17 C as obtained heat, which is 63 F. Referencing a temp of 12 ? won't allow motors to start... if that's C, that converts to 54 F, which is higher than my experience, and I can take off without warmed batteries in 18-22F ambient without issues... although I don't recall actual battery Temps.

If the "no start" is 12F, I have no experience but would probably agree. The heat point of 17C or 63F I'd agree for internal battery temp.

Agree with the heater operation, but are you using F or C for your Temps? I'm assuming F, although you mention 17 C as obtained heat, which is 63 F. Referencing a temp of 12 ? won't allow motors to start... if that's C, that converts to 54 F, which is higher than my experience, and I can take off without warmed batteries in 18-22F ambient without issues... although I don't recall actual battery Temps.

If the "no start" is 12F, I have no experience but would probably agree. The heat point of 17C or 63F I'd agree for internal battery temp.
This is intriguing. I live in warm climate where temperature never goes under 0C ~ 32F that is water freezing point. But I can not imagine why heating on TB50 should kick in at 12C ~ 54F. That is still a pretty comfortable ambient temperature and LiPo batteries should be unaffected by it and should be able to operate without need for internal heating.

This is intriguing. I live in warm climate where temperature never goes under 0C ~ 32F that is water freezing point. But I can not imagine why heating on TB50 should kick in at 12C ~ 54F. That is still a pretty comfortable ambient temperature and LiPo batteries should be unaffected by it and should be able to operate without need for internal heating.
In a longer format.. agreeing with you. I fly in 20F often without heating.

In a longer format.. agreeing with you. I fly in 20F often without heating.
The warning message regarding the 15deg, especially if it refers to Celsius, which appears sometimes under the latest FW is IMHO a cock up by a programer making a mistake somewhere in one of the software's many program lines. It seems to pop up for no apparent reason, it might be a software "bug"..

Last edited:
Are you really suggesting that TB50 batteries can not operate safely below 17C?
And that they need to be preheated when ambient temperature is 12C? That surely can not be right. Especially when DJI states in their TB50 Manual that the safe operating conditions are between -10C (14F) and +40C (104F). Can you please check if you have not made a mistake (such as mixing C and F deg ) and clarify your statement?
Your info can confuse many, me including...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop