Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 Self Discharge

Reaction score
Is there a way to initiate the TB50 Smart Battery to self discharge? I am aware of the settings present in the battery section of the Go 4 app however, after setting the number to '1 day' I see no evidence of the battery discharging after 3 days of sitting on the bench. Is there a way to initiate this self discharge mode?

Yes, I tried that approx. 3 days ago. I powered up the I2, turned on the R/C and opened the Go 4 app. Went to the battery section and selected '1 day' to try out the discharge methodology. So far, the batteries are still showing full charge (4 lights) when I press the button on the battery. If it's actually discharging it sure is slow!

Yes, I tried that approx. 3 days ago. I powered up the I2, turned on the R/C and opened the Go 4 app. Went to the battery section and selected '1 day' to try out the discharge methodology. So far, the batteries are still showing full charge (4 lights) when I press the button on the battery. If it's actually discharging it sure is slow!

Everytime you press the button (to check the state of the battery) the timer will reset. Have you waited for atleast 3 days (if you have set the timer to 1 day) when you checked the lights again?

The battery should drain to around 65% (so 2 light steady on, 1 blinking, 1 off)

Ok thank you for the info. I had been pressing the button every day to see if any discharge had started. My mistake! I will try to be patient and just let it alone and see if after 3-4 days it doesn't discharge.

Thanks again for the information!

Reactions: Reinier
Does it work to discharge to 5% per DJI screen instructions and recharge after getting a cel error on a battery? Will this fix the error? I've done it once with no luck. Battery has 20 charges on it but is a year old. Three other batteries same age are perfect.

The self discharge will take a pack down that’s above 65% to below it after the pre set time, it does work on the TB50 as I have tested it my self but it will not taken them down to calibrate.

Sadly no there is no external indication of this happening and it has been requested a number of times to add an indication on the external leds and even a down to below 5% option but it’s not something DJI feel they want to add sadly.

Would be good to have but it is what it is.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Only way to discharge to that low a level is to either:

leave the I2 powered up once the batts have reached critical level & motors have stopped running
Or
Get the I2 TB50 RC charging lead and use the residual charge to top up your RC.

I've got the lead, but haven't had an opportunity to use it in such a way yet.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Only way to discharge to that low a level is to either:

leave the I2 powered up once the batts have reached critical level & motors have stopped running
Or
Get the I2 TB50 RC charging lead and use the residual charge to top up your RC.

I've got the lead, but haven't had an opportunity to use it in such a way yet.

I was able to do this. Recharged batteries, one still had cell error in go 4. Did it twice. Still cell error. Now when I replace this battery I will be pairing it with one that has 22 charges on it. Anyone see a problem with this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes