Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thanks DJI technical support for nothing !!!

Reaction score
Inspire-1 with firmware v1.2.1.0 -- DJI APP with version 1.0.1.0 (Android) -- Tablet Samsung Galaxy TAB S 8.4"

Question posted to DJI Technical Support: "" After flying two batteries, with perfectly normal flights, i stopped for a break. When i restart (first thing to do is launch the DJI APP), the application disappeared from the "App's Screen" and the Tablet went into "Security Mode". Samsung says that if the "Security Mode" went on, it's because there's same kind of a problem with the application. Then i have to go to "Application Manager" and uninstall the application. After this, the "Security Mode" went off. I than reinstall the application and everything it's ok. But the question remains - Why did it happen???. How to avoid this in the future??? ""

Replay from DJI technical support: ""1. Exit the "Security Mode". 2. Make sure you did not install some "security protection" APP that may automatically stop the working of the pilot APP. 3.If the previous two method do not work, please kindly select "Restore factory settings" to see if problem can be solved.""

Obviously the DJI Technical Support is not bothered wiyh the problem.

Inspire-1 with firmware v1.2.1.0 -- DJI APP with version 1.0.1.0 (Android) -- Tablet Samsung Galaxy TAB S 8.4"

Question posted to DJI Technical Support: "" After flying two batteries, with perfectly normal flights, i stopped for a break. When i restart (first thing to do is launch the DJI APP), the application disappeared from the "App's Screen" and the Tablet went into "Security Mode". Samsung says that if the "Security Mode" went on, it's because there's same kind of a problem with the application. Then i have to go to "Application Manager" and uninstall the application. After this, the "Security Mode" went off. I than reinstall the application and everything it's ok. But the question remains - Why did it happen???. How to avoid this in the future??? ""

Replay from DJI technical support: ""1. Exit the "Security Mode". 2. Make sure you did not install some "security protection" APP that may automatically stop the working of the pilot APP. 3.If the previous two method do not work, please kindly select "Restore factory settings" to see if problem can be solved.""

Probably because it is not a problem that has manifested itself previously!

You are also running a non supported tablet.

Last edited:
Accordingly DJI - Dowloads in the "DJI Pilot APP" it says: "Require Android 4.1.2 or later".
The Tablet i am using comes with Android 4.4.2

That only says that the app needs at least 4.1.2 to be launched, not that it will run reliably or with acceptable performance on a given device.

What support told you sounds like perfect advice. Restoring your tablet to factory settings would make sure nothing else you have on it causes conflicts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Obviously You can't read or be bothered to :rolleyes:o_O:eek::

* Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
* Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues

Do you have any idea what means "Require Android 4.1.2 or later"???
And by the way, "Android version 4.4.2 ???
Obviously it's not me who can't read.
If you haven't any thing construtive to say, you should shut your mouth.

Keep it civil guys - The references are to the hardware NOT the operating system.
Your tablet is not on the approved listing from DJI.

* Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini

Now can you see Tablet Samsung Galaxy TAB S 8.4"??????

Enlighten me on your decision to purchase a non compatible device????:rolleyes:

I think this is a little unfair as many of us have purchased the Nvidia Shield Tablet which isn't on the supported list and have had no issues at all.
Saying that though, the Tab S is known to perform poorly with the Pilot app. It doesn't have the GPU chops to deal with the app and it's high-resolution screen. The best advice I can give you if you want to stay with Android is to return the Tab S and get yourself an Nvidia Shield Tablet.

Yes, it means what I said in my reply.

I think this is a little unfair as many of us have purchased the Nvidia Shield Tablet which isn't on the supported list and have had no issues at all.
Yeah but it's one of the most powerful devices out there, the Tab S series are far from it. And the shield not being officially supported means DJI support wouldn't care much about you either if you had trouble with it.

Regarding the OP's issue it sounds to me like a random glitch nobody will ever be able to explain. Like my TV this afternoon that decided not to respond to the remote anymore even after successfully pairing it again... I just unplugged the TV's power completely, plugged it again, and it was back to working normally.

Last edited:

There's heavy difference in android hardware across the board, DJI isn't going to test every tablet. Just because you have the required firmware doesn't mean the tablet it self is up to running the app.

Reactions: The Editor

Hi Cris
I bought a acer 8 inch tablet and it works fine.
No issues at all.
Haven't updated the app yet so will be interesting to see what happens.

Hi

Hi cr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44