Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thanks for accepting me.

Reaction score
Gonna be buying an inspire 2 first of June.
I’m new to this forum but still belong to mavic pilots cause I’m keeping my mavic pro.

My number 1 question is why so many different camera options and I assume the higher the number the better the camera platform?

I plan on doing mapping, filming extreme sports, family functions, weddings, real estate,
And whatever makes money..
I’m going to get my part 107 in June as well.

I’m going to use my iPhone XR, a IPad Pro 11 inch to fly with.,
My question is which laptop is most compatible and easiest editing apps?
I’m thinking stay with Mac Pro or apple products.,
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Thank you,
John913

Gonna be buying an inspire 2 first of June.
I’m new to this forum but still belong to mavic pilots cause I’m keeping my mavic pro.

My number 1 question is why so many different camera options and I assume the higher the number the better the camera platform?

I plan on doing mapping, filming extreme sports, family functions, weddings, real estate,
And whatever makes money..
I’m going to get my part 107 in June as well.

I’m going to use my iPhone XR, a IPad Pro 11 inch to fly with.,
My question is which laptop is most compatible and easiest editing apps?
I’m thinking stay with Mac Pro or apple products.,
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Thank you,
John913

You have 3 camera options:
1. X4S - decent camera with fixed lens, basically the equivalent of Phantom 4 Pro camera. It has two advantages in comparison to more advanced X5S and X7 cameras: price and mechanical shutter. Shutter is particularly useful when mapping, actually a must.
2. X5S - excellent option for general photography with swappable lenses of various popular brands (purchased separately).
3. X7 - a marvel for filming in CineDNG or Apple ProRes format with outstanding dynamics, colour rendering and low noise due to superior sensor size. However, the price with proprietary set of lenses + license + accessories is prohibitively high for all the goods X7 can deliver. Consider this option only after signed contract with George Lucas Ltd.

Invest in CrystalSky monitor, anything else is practically useless in daylight.

Mac Pro will do, although not every software plays 4K video smoothly. Davinci Resolve (free) has well optimized playback engine, other editors may require creation of proxy files to deal with stutter.

Don't hesitate with questions, we're here to help.

BTW, check this: My beloved Inspire 2 is looking for a new home

Good luck!

1. X4S - decent camera with fixed lens, basically the equivalent of Phantom 4 Pro camera. It has two advantages in comparison to more advanced X5S and X7 cameras: price and mechanical shutter. Shutter is particularly useful when mapping, actually a must.
2. X5S - excellent option for general photography with swappable lenses of various popular brands (purchased separately).
3. X7 - a marvel for filming in CineDNG or Apple ProRes format with outstanding dynamics, colour rendering and low noise due to superior sensor size. However, the price with proprietary set of lenses + license + accessories is prohibitively high for all the goods X7 can deliver. Consider this option only after signed contract with George Lucas Ltd.

Mac Pro will do, although not every software plays 4K video smoothly. Davinci Resolve (free) has well optimized playback engine, other editors may require creation of proxy files to deal with stutter.

Good luck!

Thank you for that thorough information..
Appreciate it very much..
When I have another question I won’t hesitate to ask..
Thank u,
John914

I have a 15mm a 25mm a 45mm. I really like the 45mm because I have taken some videos of some buildings and they were far away and they looked way closer than they look and really nice pictures. I used the Olympus 45mm. Highly recommended.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo