Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The Hills are Alive with Sixth Graders

Reaction score
I was recently approached by a parent at my daughter’s school about filming the 6th grade singing a beautiful song, but with a “Sound of Music” treatment. He’d heard that I’d “gone aerial” and thought this would be a lovely use of the new drone. Well it was and is. This is a mix of Panny GH4 and Inspire footage, graded in Davinci Resolve. The two sensors play fairly well together but you have to add a few ticks of blur to the Inspire footage to mitigate the horrific crunchiness of the oversharpening. It’s manageable but man… can’t wait for the new firmware which I’m hoping has subtler control of that.

Three minutes of beauty can make your day.

Which blur do you use to reduce sharpness grain? 'Remove grain' in after effects works pretty well for me but always looking for other solutions.

Which blur do you use to reduce sharpness grain? 'Remove grain' in after effects works pretty well for me but always looking for other solutions.

I finish all my work in Davinci Resolve, and the Blur function with a value of 53-54 seems to work best for me. (50 represents no blur, so this is 3 or 4 ticks of added blur). It's bizarre having to actually add blur. I've experimented with a slightly higher blur value of 55 and then adding some post blur as necessary too, but that takes more work. Hoping that they come up with a modified set of blur values for the I1 in the next firmware update.

I finish all my work in Davinci Resolve, and the Blur function with a value of 53-54 seems to work best for me. (50 represents no blur, so this is 3 or 4 ticks of added blur). It's bizarre having to actually add blur. I've experimented with a slightly higher blur value of 55 and then adding some post blur as necessary too, but that takes more work. Hoping that they come up with a modified set of blur values for the I1 in the next firmware update.
Good to know, yes a firmware update addressing this issue would be money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo