Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The latest list of compatible lenses for the X5

Guys Im very new at this. How does one balance the lens . Where do you get balance rings etc. I want to purchase these two lenses
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f2.0
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm f1.8

Put a lens hood on it. The cheap lens hoods from China balance both those lenses perfectly (37 and 46)

A revival of a very old thread.
I am interested in squeezing more commercial service out of my beloved Inspire1. I have and X5 with 25 and 45mm lens'. I am very interested in mounting either the:

Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8 II POWER O.I.S. Lens​

Or

Olympus M. Zuiko 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens​

Putting my hand up admitting to little lens understanding. Are there and version numbers or anything about either of the lens models to be careful about? On person in this (or the other very similar thread to this one) mentioned that they could not get a 35-100 to work. The thread was active with a lot of questions being worked on at one time so it took a little care to follow comments well. I was not able to understand why the 35-100 that he bough did not work.

I know this is very old methodology but regardless I want to give it a go for inspection. This is what I think I understand:

Either lens option can be successfully balanced with good data available.
The 35-100 Can both zoom and auto focus from within the DJI Go app.
The 45-150 zoom is manual, on the ground and manual focus from within DJI Go.

Is that a correct understanding?

There was a lot of posts in this thread about the "New Update" seemed to cause these two lenses, and maybe others, from working at all with the X5. I never saw a post here or anywhere in which the "new Update" version starting the problem was identified. One post mentioned the 1.11 but did not say that was the FW version where the problems started. He only mentioned a 1.9 version being the best choice for him. I am running and intend to continue running 1.8.1. Am I OK with this version?

There were a tremendous number of photo and video requests through this threads life but besides the guys showing brief and few examples, there is not much to look at. I would sure love to and appreciate seeing inspection photos of any type taken with either of the lenses I mentioned. I bet a lot of people would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks to those who will help out.

I just got a Lumix 45-175. Mounts fine on the X5. Balancing was tricky of course, I fashioned some lead weights to add about 110g to the back of the X5 and about 20g for the roll.

The lens is recognized, zooms in the software, but refuses to autofocus. It prompts to calibrate the lens, but it struggles to focus and eventually gives up saying "Cannot detect camera lens". That error is odd since it obviously recognizes the lens and it knows exactly which lens it is (shows up in settings).

Manual focusing works, but is a PITA. Then lens needs to be refocused after zooming too.

Latest firmware for the Inspire 1 Pro.

Same behavior on my Osmo.

Any ideas or is autofocus just not going to happen?

I just got a Lumix 45-175. Mounts fine on the X5. Balancing was tricky of course, I fashioned some lead weights to add about 110g to the back of the X5 and about 20g for the roll.

Same behavior on my Osmo.

Any ideas or is autofocus just not going to happen?
Sounds like you are seeing the behavior this good fellow suggested a few years ago.

Sounds like you are seeing the behavior this good fellow suggested a few years ago.
Ah yes, exact same thing. The 45-175 fits quite a bit better than the 45-150 though and can zoom using the app.

Maybe the f4.0 aperture is just too small for the autofocus?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry