Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The latest list of compatible lenses for the X5

If i film a lot of wake boarding with the x3 and was thinking of moving the x5, would the M. Zuiko 45mm be a good choice. What would the equivalent mm be on the x5? I know the 17mm is 30mm equivalent, so its ~1.8x on the x5 sensor?

17mm x 1.8 = ~30mm
45mm x 1.8 = ~ 81mm ?

I would think the 45mm would be too tele for action sports where both the drone and the subject are in motion. I'd argue the 25mm is a better choice for getting closer without having so narrow a FOV as to make keeping the subject in frame difficult to impossible. But, it wouldn't hurt to try and doing so would permit a further standoff distance which could be beneficial. Generally the multiplier between FF 35mm and M43 is 2.0 so a 45mm would be about equal to 90mm on a FF 35mm. There are difference in aspect ratio with M43 being 4:3 for stills while a FF 35mm is 3:2. When shooting video that changes for both.

Brian

How is everyone getting on with the 35-100mm

I have been thinking of ordering one for roof inspection work, camera down facing full zoom only so as not to stress the gimbal motors what does everybody think ( my 14-42mm is ok but i want more zoom when doing inspection work )

If i film a lot of wake boarding with the x3 and was thinking of moving the x5, would the M. Zuiko 45mm be a good choice. What would the equivalent mm be on the x5? I know the 17mm is 30mm equivalent, so its ~1.8x on the x5 sensor?

17mm x 1.8 = ~30mm
45mm x 1.8 = ~ 81mm ?
*Micro four thirds sensor means it's a 2x crop factor (45mm = 90mm equivalent)

Reactions: AMGPilot
With the zoom lenses do they zoom with the app? or do you need to set the zoom on the ground? or do you need the followfocus aparatus set on the zoom ring? looking to get the x5 but will just get it without the dji glass and add my own lenses.

thanks!

Has anyone attempted the Olympus 9mm Fisheye Body Cap lens on the X5? For $85, seems ideal. Maybe glue a couple balance rings on the front? Or the Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5 Fisheye? I know the Panasonic 8mm works but $640 is sorta steep for a novelty lens.

With the zoom lenses do they zoom with the app? or do you need to set the zoom on the ground? or do you need the followfocus aparatus set on the zoom ring? looking to get the x5 but will just get it without the dji glass and add my own lenses.

thanks!
You can zoom remotely via the app. Its probably worth noting that it zooms in increments which makes the zoom seem jerky rather than a smooth zoom which isnt ideal for filming but great for inspections etc.

These are lenses i am using and have tried to use my findings so far are:-

Using a dji focus to adjust aperture and focus ( essential for close in zoom work ) while wearing cinemizers on tip of my nose
my clients watch with pair of cinemizers with the shade and can control camera

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm works perfectly with balance ring
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 to heavy at 190g plus the extra balance weights total 320g motors fail after couple of second
Panasonic LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 to heavy at 210g plus the extra balance weights total 320g motors fail after couple of second
I have tested the Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm f/4.0-5.6 Asph Mega O.I.S and with weights at full zoom (see pictures ) works perfectly so far i use it for roof inspections facing down no problems yet it does not over stress or overheat the motors, and i have extended inspire legs to allow landing with camera pointing down
My next lens to try is a Olympus M.Zuiko ET-M4518 45mm f/1.8 AF

.1 with weights full zoom balanced.JPG2 without weights.JPG3 weights positions.JPG4 with weights.JPG5 wieghts first attempt.JPG6 weight back 43g.JPG7 weights bottom 44g.JPG8 weights side 10g.JPG9 weights.JPG10 weights all 98g.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone have some sample images with the 45 or the 14-42 at full zoom, to see the difference between it and the standard lens for the x5?

I can report that the Panasonic Lumix 25mm f1.7 lens does work with the DJI X5. Has a pretty fast autofocus (for the X5) and seems to lock in pretty well. Haven't had a chance to really push it yet to see what it can do, but for less than $150.00 bucks (on Ebay) it was hard to pass up.

Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens H-H025K B&H Photo Video

Great news. Can you shoot in RAW with this lens and open the files? I have the 35-100 and although I can shoot with it I can't open the RAW files it creates.

Thanks, Donnie.

It's on a lot of the lists, but has anyone used a Pansonic f1.7 42.5mm for photo and video?
Yes It's by far my favorite and I'll reiterate that it's the f1.7 42.5 not the f1.2 42.5 as although they're arguably both a couple of the best mft lenses there are only the f1.7 is light enough to mount to the X5. Go for it you'll love it!

Yes It's by far my favorite and I'll reiterate that it's the f1.7 42.5 not the f1.2 42.5 as although they're arguably both a couple of the best mft lenses there are only the f1.7 is light enough to mount to the X5. Go for it you'll love it!

Chnjab, can you take still with the Panasonic LUMIX G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. I can take stills but I can usually not open the DNG files from it? 1 in 10 times it works. I have tried to put on the lens different ways. Calibrated lens. Start in AF/manual focus start in A, S & M mode and can't find out why it sometimes works...?

Can you please ta one stills if you haven't tried and try to open them in Photoshop camera RAW

I have the latest firmware for PS & Camera RAW + latest firmware for the X5 42.jpg

I got the same problem with the Panasonic 25mm f1.7 to. Adobe needs to fix this issue! Since both lenses works in other raw converters. And JPG's are fine to.

// Alex

PROMBLEM SOLVED!

It is finally resolved trough a program for mac called opcode remover

Link: http://www.bitstorm.de/OPCODE_Remover.zip

Only use this program at your own risk and please do it on copys of the original files in case they get damaged.

It worked form me. Now I can use two great Panasonic lenses (optically better than similar Olympus lenses) and my new Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN ART
biggrin.gif

Now I'm a happy photographer!

kind regards // Alex

Reactions: Kenneth Sands

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk