Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The Mother of All Chargers?

great looking thing,but that price!
Also would like to know how long it takes to charge 4 batteries

That thing = $400
3 extra stock chargers = $165.

Hmm, I guess there's a buyer for everything. Especially when it's got shiny LED displays ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferdi and DiveRSQ
That thing = $400

Hmm, I guess there's a buyer for everything. Especially when it's got shiny LED displays ;)
I'd only buy it if it sped up the charging process. Plus, it charges 4 batteries at once.
Otherwise, I'm happy with my 2 original charges.

Last edited:
id have it in a flash, but its out of stock, I saw it online today

That thing = $400

I am with you on this. It is just too big and the price does not make sense for what I could get.

Reactions: PB30X
guys , its got shiney lights, who cares about the price?
I would make one like adam savage showed in that vid if I could get the bloody spare power supplies !!!!!

it will never charge faster, because the battery circuit controls that, but as long as the PSU in it can handle 4 batteries at full speed then it certainly wont go any slower,

plus it has shiney lights!!

For me it's not the speed, but the convenience. Nice to come back from a long day of flying and just drop the batteries into the charger and go doing something else. Worth the price in my opinion!

Reactions: ropewalker
I am with you on this. It is just too big and the price does not make sense for what I could get.
+2.... Needs more than 50+ positive feedback. Too many make it RICH quick plots and disappear when things go wrong!!

Gu
I am not an electrical engineer or guru but based on all the threads and product information on websites none of them noted that they are able to charge any faster than a stock DJI charger.
Guys,
Please note..... NOTHING will charge the Inspire batteries faster than they control themselves to be charged.
The super wonderful 4 bay power supply is NOT a charger. It is a high current power supply that enables four batteries to be charged simultaneously.
The charger is inside each individual battery and the stock DJI 'charger' (as they call it) is nothing more than a power supply which supply's DC voltage to that batteries charger circuit.
If you were to hook up a 26.3 volt power supply that could deliver 100amps it would not charge the Inspire battery any differently or faster than the stock PSU because everything is regulated by the battery.

The reasoning behind this post is there has been tests done over on other forums where individuals have cut the plug off the stock PSU and placed a volt/amp/watt meter in circuit. The supplied PSU tops out at circa 3.83a so circa 100w.
Higher current PSU's have been placed in line and the current still tops out at just about 3.9amps. The Inspire battery does not charge any faster! You could put 1000amp supply on the thing and it would still charge at under 1c. It's the way it has been designed.

Last edited:
Decided to take the plunge and signed up to get one when they come in. What the hell, already have a fortune in this thing!(LOL)

Yup, that's bad to the bone. I wonder if it'll fit in the case that came with my inspire?

isn't it a fold away version??? LOL i will make a version like i the adam savage vid. have to get some more chargers though or make some with same specs...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop