Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thermal Solution for Inspire 2?

Reaction score
We have a client who wants us to do thermal imaging of metal roofs to check for 'hot spots', leaks and wet spots. We just purchased an Inspire 2 and discovered that there is no native thermal imaging camera. We do not want to have to buy an Inspire 1 just to get a thermal camera mount. Has anyone found a solution in getting a thermal imaging camera like a FLIR to work with the I2?

Hi @Jlove322 – Correct, there is not native thermal camera by DJI that is compatible with the Inspire 2 and DJI has stated many times since the Inspire 2 released that they do not intend to make the XT line compatible with the Inspire 2. There may be third party options but unfortunately nothing from DJI at this time for thermal on the Inspire 2. Feel free to consult with our Enterprise Team at [email protected] if we can be of any assistance with your thermal needs.

We have a client who wants us to do thermal imaging of metal roofs to check for 'hot spots', leaks and wet spots. We just purchased an Inspire 2 and discovered that there is no native thermal imaging camera. We do not want to have to buy an Inspire 1 just to get a thermal camera mount. Has anyone found a solution in getting a thermal imaging camera like a FLIR to work with the I2?

Check out dronesplus out of Dallas. They have an I2 set up too.

Hello Jlove322

I can help you. I represent DRONExpert (www.dronexpert.nl), and we manufacture a vehicle-agnostic gimbal and controller system designed around the FLIR VUE line.

Pictured below is my primary inspection vehicle. I'm carrying the VUE Pro R, 640/30hz/9mm

View attachment 15581
UMMM...the FLIR VUE PRO eBay used...a good one...$3000 NZD landed. Do you mind me asking the cost of your set up ? (PS I did check your link) and do the savings off set refined XT? It seems links prices are still around $12000 NZD

UMMM...the FLIR VUE PRO eBay used...a good one...$3000 NZD landed. Do you mind me asking the cost of your set up ? (PS I did check your link) and do the savings off set refined XT? It seems links prices are still around $12000 NZD
PS ,,no HDMI module ,,1x gopro 10 pin cable ,,, into Lightbridge HDMI,, Walla!!! Still no gimbal/power/2nd cam (incl FPV) cause only one HDMI at a time... And you have a $20000 Inspire 2 FLIR conspiracy!!! DJI 3000000 to the people's 0.5. oh and also by this stage if you brought HDMI module,,, and figured /realized the connection cable do not exist...
You would have found out nether does 2x HDMI Lightbridge TX inputs without not yet invented 2 way switcher.....

PS ,,no HDMI module ,,1x gopro 10 pin cable ,,, into Lightbridge HDMI,, Walla!!! Still no gimbal/power/2nd cam (incl FPV) cause only one HDMI at a time... And you have a $20000 Inspire 2 FLIR conspiracy!!! DJI 3000000 to the people's 0.5. oh and also by this stage if you brought HDMI module,,, and figured /realized the connection cable do not exist...
You would have found out nether does 2x HDMI Lightbridge TX inputs without not yet invented 2 way switcher.....
Did I miss anything out?

TBH for an FLIR your better looking at the I1 or may be even the M600 if you can't stretch to the M200.

An I1 is too cheap right now and you can get a lot of packs for the cost saving over an M200 if you can put up with the reduced flight time, M600 will go over 35 Minutes with the XT onboard I believe too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters