Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thinking about trading my Inspire 1 for a Mavic 1 Pro. Talk me out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am still a new pilot. My son has a phantom 3, I wanted my own and got a killer deal on an Inspire 1 with X3. I have had it for 6 months, it flies great, takes great pics and video. It is just too big for me. I go off-road a lot and like to take it with me for videos and pics, I just don’t have the room.
I am thinking about trading it for a Mavic Pro and some cash. Has anybody gone from an Inspire 1 to a Mavic and regretted it. I only use it for fun and never plan on doing anything professional with it. I have never flown a Mavic Pro, the only other drone I have flown is the Phantom 3. The phantom was a bit more squirrelly than my Inspire, I could get used to that if I had the portability and the ease of launching without having to attach everything to it first.

Go with the Mavic2Pro and dont even look back. the X3 was never a good camera. the M2P has an OUTSTANDING camera and lens

ive had all the above. the inspire while big and bulky is great for higher wind flying. the mavic pro is still a great drone, but the mavic 2 pro is top of its class. the phantom like you say are top heavy and squirly flyers for sure and getting the props in camera view was their downfall.

but yes youll be happy with the longer flight time and portablity of the mavic series for sure

Just got a Mavic pro 2 and have an Inspire 1 too.To be honest I use the Mavic more because of the easyness and I also go out to places where my Inspire is to heavy to take it with me.But in some cases the Inspire is much better especially where I live with more wind.I use a case wher my Inspire is completly ready and I can fly it within 5 minutes.So for me no hassle to start.Take it out my case and fly.Also I was thinking to trade my Inspire for a Mavic but the Inspire 1 is pretty "old " and I didn't get enough money for it so I kept it.(and I love it too much also).So now I have both and depending on the situation I use them.

Just got a Mavic pro 2 and have an Inspire 1 too.To be honest I use the Mavic more because of the easyness and I also go out to places where my Inspire is to heavy to take it with me.But in some cases the Inspire is much better especially where I live with more wind.I use a case wher my Inspire is completly ready and I can fly it within 5 minutes.So for me no hassle to start.Take it out my case and fly.Also I was thinking to trade my Inspire for a Mavic but the Inspire 1 is pretty "old " and I didn't get enough money for it so I kept it.(and I love it too much also).So now I have both and depending on the situation I use them.
i have the Inspak backpack which is great in landing mode with Z3 attached. just remove pop in the battery and attach the props and up in the air

I have had Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Phantom 4, Mavic Air, and now Mavic 2 Pro.
Don't miss any of them.
The camera on the M2P is excellent.
Plus it's more portable and extremely quiet compared to any of those others.

The only reason to have Inspire 1 with X3 is that when you’re a pro, it’s really hard for anyone to take you seriously if you show up to a shoot with a Mavic.. Sad but true.

I’m really thinking about getting a Mavic and bringing both I1 and Mavic to shoots. Use the Mavic but have the I1 sitting next to me in case someone shows up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanzer16
The only reason to have Inspire 1 with X32-Mix is that when you’re a pro, it’s really hard for anyone to take you seriously if you show up to a shoot with a Magic.. Sad but true.

I’m really thinking about getting a Magic and brining both I1 and Magic to shoots. Use the Magic but have the I1 sitting next to me in case someone shows up.

It's also hard for you to show up with a 50mbps camera that makes subpar images

The Mavic Air KILLS the I1x3 and the M2P KILLS the Mavic air.........

The portablity of the mav is so appealing as ive had both, in fairness i miss that, but the inspires a diff animal ,u do it not the computer chip lol have both lol best option !!

Reactions: huppe
Let me start by saying I am still a new pilot. My son has a phantom 3, I wanted my own and got a killer deal on an Inspire 1 with X3. I have had it for 6 months, it flies great, takes great pics and video. It is just too big for me. I go off-road a lot and like to take it with me for videos and pics, I just don’t have the room.
I am thinking about trading it for a Mavic Pro and some cash. Has anybody gone from an Inspire 1 to a Mavic and regretted it. I only use it for fun and never plan on doing anything professional with it. I have never flown a Mavic Pro, the only other drone I have flown is the Phantom 3. The phantom was a bit more squirrelly than my Inspire, I could get used to that if I had the portability and the ease of launching without having to attach everything to it first.
I have flown just about everything there is out there as I started in the RC world back in 1976. I am kind of old school but when it comes to cameras and doing a good job with them I do like the newer stuff. I still have my original inspire 1. I got it in November of 2014.I do not recommend it that I have flown it in 30mph winds. Also since this is the original inspire 1 it does not have all the whistles and bells of whatever the latest and greatest drone is now. I personally like to be the one in control since I am legally and financially responsible for anything that happens. On top of that I just like to fly it I like to improve my piloting capabilities on constant basis. I can get my drone into some pretty tight spaces and get some incredible shots while doing so. in order to get some of the shots that I can with a newer drone you have to shut off all the safety whatever's and if you spent all your time flying with them on and then turn them off majority of people will crash their aircraft. Yes I do a professional e and like the other gentleman said I would not even think about showing up to a shoot with anything less than an inspire. I will never get rid of my first true love. If for no other reason I will keep it around for sentimental values. I do this professionally and I need equipment that can handle different environmental situations where as you are just out to have a good time and I understand that. My recommendation to you is to keep the inspire 1 and go ahead and get the mavic. If you are doing this for fun the newer Mavic is and I hate to say this your best choice.

The only reason to have Inspire 1 with X3 is that when you’re a pro, it’s really hard for anyone to take you seriously if you show up to a shoot with a Mavic.. Sad but true.

I’m really thinking about getting a Mavic and bringing both I1 and Mavic to shoots. Use the Mavic but have the I1 sitting next to me in case someone shows up.

I agree with you 100%. I got I2 for the same reason.

Dual operator mode. 'Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice