Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Third Party Inspire 1 Batteries - Can They Be Trusted?

Reaction score
Website
www.lowbudgetify.com
I noticed on ebay today listings that had brand new Inspire TB48 batteries for $130. After looking at the photos they are clearly not official DJI batteries. The power button of these batteries looks very different.

Since my original TB47 batteries are getting older and performance now sucks, I'm looking for economical means of keeping the old bird airborne.

I wish DJI would sell their TB48 batteries for cheaper, but it looks like that won't ever happen. They're probably discontinued by now.

I was hoping someone else would be a guinea pig and try these knock-off batteries out to see if they're safe, anyone?

The battery cells of this one in the original housing ?It’s not that difficult to do the swap . That way you have the original firmware.

It’s simply not worth risking your craft for the few tens of a dollar saving over the official pack imo.

5700mAh DJI Inspire 1 Intelligent Battery TB48 Upgrate 22.8 V Battery | eBay

My main concern would be the knock off battery's firmware being compatible with whatever version Inspire firmware you're using. I wouldn't trust the battery percentage readout to be very accurate.

Leave well alone, is it worth saving a few quid on something that is key to the safety of its operation, this could void your insurance in an event of a claim especially if a third party is involved putting in a claim for damage/injury that your drone did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu