Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
I like it. Coincidently I had a discussion about this with a client who wanted to be able to crop maximum into a single frame, so I mentioned the time lapse option with max res photo's.
It's a great technique. What was the interval, 5 sec?
-edit- must be 2seconds at most?

Last edited:
I like it, maybe the light wasn't the best for some shots but for others very good. The technique was quite good. Please share your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Great works and thank you for sharing [emoji106]

Would you be so kind to share how you did it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was quite easy. I am use Autopilot logic voor a consistent stable flight as long as possible (used a zip line with focus poin)
Post production is done in FCPX
-import your content to the timeline;
-ramp your content from 14 minutes up to 10 seconds
-export your content , for a quicker workflow with the next step;
-import your content again;
-use in the Indicator the option Stabilazer

These are the main steps which i follow for a time lapse.

Reactions: yulianus
It was quite easy. I am use Autopilot logic voor a consistent stable flight as long as possible (used a zip line with focus poin)
Post production is done in FCPX
-import your content to the timeline;
-ramp your content from 14 minutes up to 10 seconds
-export your content , for a quicker workflow with the next step;
-import your content again;
-use in the Indicator the option Stabilazer

These are the main steps which i follow for a time lapse.

Thanks you [emoji120][emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flying Dutch Fenix
I like it. Coincidently I had a discussion about this with a client who wanted to be able to crop maximum into a single frame, so I mentioned the time lapse option with max res photo's.
It's a great technique. What was the interval, 5 sec?
-edit- must be 2seconds at most?
-I used video content and brought 14 minutes of flight time back to 10 seconds. So at the end you have 240 frames (I love to work with 24fps)

I like it, maybe the light wasn't the best for some shots but for others very good. The technique was quite good. Please share your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Thanks, it was done after a request at a facebook page. How to make a time lapse. That's why the conditions where not epic.... At the end it was a lot of fun the make these vid and now waiting for these epic conditions so it can go viral

Huh? Timelaps from stills? Looks more like you ramped video...:confused:
Yes your are right... but what is the differents? Making 24 stills manually with a time inervall and put them together or take 1 second of video content shot at 24fps. Isn't the outcome the same?

I am always useing 24fps, it can be any amount of frame rate...but then you have to make the equal amount of stills.☺️

Yes your are right... but what is the differents? Making 24 stills manually with a time inervall and put them together or take 1 second of video content shot at 24fps. Isn't the outcome the same?

I am always useing 24fps, it can be any amount of frame rate...but then you have to make the equal amount of stills.☺️
Well, for one, you can't call a ramped up film a time lapse. Because it isn't.
The beauty of time lapse is that every frame is a sharp high res photo, shot with a deliberately well chosen combination of aperture and shutter speed for the sequences. That allows one to pause the film and see a perfectly sharp still/photo. Sometimes very usable for inspection. But usually a great tool for cinematographic effects. Time Lapse is a technique that calls for your skills as photographer. Ramping up film is only an editing thing. If the videoshots are consistent, indeed, using an app like AP or Litchi is great for that, speeding up does most of the rest.

But ramped up video is not time lapse, and stills are still just video stills.
I do like your results though.

Last edited:
I believe you could do this properly with litchi, since you can create a flight path and add a point of interest and where to take photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool