Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tips for flying at distance

Thread starter:
Look at this video:

With stock antennas (6000 meters). I don't recommmend that you fly out that far, but at least you can see how the technology behind DJI Inspire handle in that distance under perfect conditions. ;)

Battery got cold.... Mine dies that here in Canada....

awesome - 6.05km! can't wait to begin pushing the boundaries of (my) nerves. Am sure the Inspire is built way tougher than I am!

The videos in my signature I all shot using FPV. I used an iPad Air 2 or an iPhone 6+. Just find a spot in shade so you can see the screen really well before you begin, or get a good sun visor. For the first two minutes I fly in straight lines to see if I get a compass error. After that it's pretty controllable.

My best achievement is flying within 10 feet of rocks 1640 feet high and a mile away!

Reactions: beatnik
And watch out for rapid battery depletion when flying in cold conditions

So far, My flights haven't gone out past a mile (over water sometimes) and that has always been straight LOS. No issues

And watch out for rapid battery depletion when flying in cold conditions

So far, My flights haven't gone out past a mile (over water sometimes) and that has always been straight LOS. No issues
Would be a good idea to use the battery stickers or the battery heating dock for cold conditions. :)

Thread starter:
Look at this video:

With stock antennas (6000 meters). I don't recommmend that you fly out that far, but at least you can see how the technology behind DJI Inspire handle in that distance under perfect conditions. ;)

Holy crap did I get nervous watching that.... the landing was much better than I had been expecting!

I'm in Surrey although film wakeboarding at a club near farnborough and also fly on the east coast of Essex quite a bit where my family are farmers.

Good tip about the fov - I will get practicing!
Hi Richard I'm in Kent and still learning to get confident with the inspire.Give me a shout if you fancy a meet up :)

I can get far better footage now because I'm not scared to send it somewhere that I previously would have been. I've flown it out over open ocean to 4300m one way and landed it after its return trip on 0% battery remaining. Now, because I know it can do this then I'm not worried about sending it 1800m up a glacier or down a rocky valley. If you eventually learn to trust your Inspire like I trust my Phantom then you will have a far richer and more rewarding time with it.

This does not show good judgment, just because this worked out once, it does not mean it will always be this way. Speaking from a safety standpoint, the goal is to reduce the risk while flying. Having a 'not scared' or 'not worried' attitude, will one day put you in a situation that could have been avoided.

Invulnerability

Hazardous Attitudes in Aviation
The Notorious Five

I almost always fly with my cinemizer goggles as it gives you that feeling of actually being onboard the machine. I use the eye cups that I modified to let in zero light and the only thing I see is what the camera is looking at. Looking at the monitor just doesn't work for me. I don't get any depth perception and too many other things that distract me from "becoming one with the machine" :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop