Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Too good to be true?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Has anyone here heard of a company named Voalens Electronics? They are located in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I ran across their website while looking for a reasonably priced new Inspire 2 RTF. They are advertising
a new I2 with:
  • Remote Control (Transmitter)
  • 4 x Propeller Pairs
  • 2 x Intelligent Flight Battery
  • Battery Charger
  • Charging Hub
  • Power Cable
  • USB Cable
  • microSD Card
  • Vision System Calibration Plate
  • 3 x Gimbal Damper
  • Propeller Mounting Plates
  • Carrying Case
  • 4 x Battery Insulation Sticker
All of the items I listed (no camera) for $2,099.00 US! This price is $900.00 dollars below the lowest
price that I've see anywhere else on line. What am I missing here, could this be an I2 knockoff? I've
carefully read through the ad several time and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I placed the I2 kit
in my cart then went through the checkout process up to but not entering my credit card info and
all of the info I provided was successfully processed - this appears to be a "live" site. Is this a possible smoking deal or is this a too good to be true apparition?

For some reason I'm not able to post a link directly to the web page but if anyone here is interested in checking this out and giving us your opinion on this "too good to be true" offer
the can go to voalens.com and enter DJI Inspire 2 in their search window to access this offer.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Probably too good 2b true. They can't be an authorized dealer because Official DJI dealers cannot advertise prices below MSRP.
It could be a 3rd party dealer or worse yet an "open box" [USED] item. Or they will make up for it on an inflated shipping cost.

Hello everyone,

Has anyone here heard of a company named Voalens Electronics? They are located in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I ran across their website while looking for a reasonably priced new Inspire 2 RTF. They are advertising
a new I2 with:
  • 4 x Propeller Pairs
  • Battery Charger
  • Charging Hub
  • Power Cable
  • USB Cable
  • microSD Card
  • 3 x Gimbal Damper
  • Carrying Case
All of the items I listed (no camera) for $2,099.00 US! This price is $900.00 dollars below the lowest
price that I've see anywhere else on line. What am I missing here, could this be an I2 knockoff? I've
carefully read through the ad several time and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I placed the I2 kit
in my cart then went through the checkout process up to but not entering my credit card info and
all of the info I provided was successfully processed - this appears to be a "live" site. Is this a possible smoking deal or is this a too good to be true apparition?

For some reason I'm not able to post a link directly to the web page but if anyone here is interested in checking this out and giving us your opinion on this "too good to be true" offer
the can go to voalens.com and enter DJI Inspire 2 in their search window to access this offer.

Thanks.
I assume this is the outfit you are talking about?
VOA Lens

It appears to be a legit company.
And that is an awesome deal.
If you order, definitely use a credit card.
That way if there is any problem, you have a recourse. (Reverse the transaction)

It appears to be a legit company.
And that is an awesome deal.
If you order, definitely use a credit card.
That way if there is any problem, you have a recourse. (Reverse the transaction)

Thanks for checking out the site for us and offering your opinion. I spent at least 30 minutes yesterday going over that site and that offer
with a fine tooth comb and I couldn't find anything that would indicate that this is not a legit company and offer.
I'm still going to wait a few more days before pulling the trigger on this offer tough.

P.S. I did send the company a series of questions asking:

1) I told them that I lived in the US and that their price was several hundred dollars less
than any other sites that I had seen. I went on to ask, how is that possible?

2) I asked if these were genuine DJI Inspire 2 quadcopters or were they copies made by
another company.

3) I asked if these were brand new aircraft or were they refurbished aircraft being sold as new.

I'll post their response when it arrives.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

a new I2 with:
  • 4 x Propeller Pairs
  • Battery Charger
  • Charging Hub
  • Power Cable
  • USB Cable
  • microSD Card
  • 3 x Gimbal Damper
  • Carrying Case

Thanks.
Although the price may seem attractive you would need to satisfy yourself what the the import duties levied for purchasing and personal import into the US would be.
There could also be additional handling charges from the carrier in paying/collecting these charges all of which will eventually have to be borne by you.

Before UPS hands over that package expect a U.S. imposed tariff:p:eek::mad:

All good points guys thanks... Occasionally I buy items from China on eBay, I've never
had to pay tariffs or any other additional fees. Is that different from ordering items from
this company based in Indonesia?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

a new I2 with:
  • 4 x Propeller Pairs
  • Battery Charger
  • Charging Hub
  • Power Cable
  • USB Cable
  • microSD Card
  • 3 x Gimbal Damper
  • Carrying Case

Thanks.
Hi.

I have said before I use drones4 less......they say they are a UK company but ship from the USA..

Thay are cheaper than anyone..their system works out at $3014 post free.
check it out...http://dronesforless.co.uk/drones/dji-inspire-2-quadcopter/

cheers

Alan

Ran a scam test on the website. Came up as suspicious, 49% unsafe. Website is only 168 days old and may be related to a number of high risk websites. There may be a local store in Indonesia where the company is based, but I would be careful.

this is their address.

i'd stay away

VOALENS Electronics
Grand Metropolitan Mall
Floor 1 No. 4-5 Jl. K.H. Noer Ali 1
Bekasi, Jawa Barat,
Indonesia 17148.

P: 818-0900-0934
E: [email protected]

I was just in Jakarta for business, could have stopped by their shop.

They do say: "VAT & Duty
There are no import or export duties applied to orders shipped within the European continent or American continent. All applicable goods despatched to countries have already had the appropriate VAT applied"

But why are all the prices in USD? In Jakarta they don't use USD.

I would give them a call and see if they sound legit, then buy it using a credit card to be safe.

They are also selling the Matrice 210 RTK version with a Crystal Sky monitor and 2 batteries for 1199 USD.
Doesnt that sound a bit too cheap, especially for the RTK version and with a crystal sky monitor included?

I placed an order for an Inspire 2 bundle without camera ($2,290.00) last Wednesday - their website said that
the item was in stock. As of last Saturday my order status was still listed as pending. I had sent them 4 messages
of inquiry through their contact us messaging service. As of this writing I have not heard from them. By Saturday
evening my uneasiness had exceeded my comfort level so I decided to cancel my order - I could not find a way
to cancel my order on my account page (they made it easy to reorder the item) so I sent them my cancellation
notification via their contact us link. I have sent them 2 more cancellation notifications via contact us. As an added
precaution I've contacted my credit card company and notified them of my cancellation. I will monitor my credit card
account daily for the next couple of weeks just to be on the safe side.

My conclusion is that this offer was too good to be true. This has been an old lesson re-illustrated for me: those who seek to get
something for nothing usually end up getting nothing for something. Caveat emptor. Fly safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44