Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Total Inspire Newbie...is this a good deal???

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been following this forum for awhile. I am a Part 107, experienced 3DR Solo pilot and multiple unit owner (and forum member over there), doing a small, side business with aerial photography.

I have a friend that will sell me an Inspire 1 (Version 1) for $900 with a Zenmuse X3 and 2 controllers (1 for pilot/1 for photo as usual), 4 extra props, 1 battery, and a flight case . He says the bird has never been crashed. He is also experienced, and a good friend of mine. I think he would give me honest info, lol. He just upgraded to an Inspire 2.

I've been thinking of upgrading to the Inspire and this is in my price range. Anyone willing to tell me if this would be a good price provided the bird is in good shape as described? Also, should it be good out of the box, or will I have to spend on other things/upgrades etc. before using it (not flying super long range).

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Welcome to Inspire Pilots. Given the information you have provided, you seem to have found yourself a nice deal and purchasing used from a good friend that is trustworthy is a great way to go.

You should be good to go out of the box within everything listed here.

Give us a shout back if you have any further questions. Enjoy the prospective Inspire unit if you decide to pull the trigger, and safe flying. :cool: See you around the forum.

Advexure,

Thank you for responding. I felt it was a good deal, but I always like to tap into experience as well. I plan to purchase it from him provided we can verify the quality. I think it is spot on. He is a really good friend, so I feel confident in that part. Thanks again!

Reactions: Advexure
Considering a purchased all my stuff for almost 3k less than a year ago you're getting a great deal... just recently spent $400 on a case alone so 900$ for a Inspire plus extras seems like a pretty good deal to me if anything you could always buy it and part it out prolly make your money back

Thanks AeroformStudios! I am trying to get the deal done this weekend. I think the upgrade would be well worth it. If I do, I guess this will be my new forum home, lol. Thanks again!

Just an update. I went and flew the Inspire 1 prior to purchase. Put it through its paces. It flies like it was brand new. Man, there really is no comparison to the 3DR Solo, lol. I REALLY like the Inspire! It's agile, powerful, and the cam and gimbal are awesome on the second controller! Bought it on the spot and brought it home. So down the rabbit hole I go, lol. Thanks for all the input. As I become more experienced with it over the next months I will try to help other newbies here as well. It's a great forum! Thanks again for the welcome and the info!

Fly on!

Just an update. I went and flew the Inspire 1 prior to purchase. Put it through its paces. It flies like it was brand new. Man, there really is no comparison to the 3DR Solo, lol. I REALLY like the Inspire! It's agile, powerful, and the cam and gimbal are awesome on the second controller! Bought it on the spot and brought it home. So down the rabbit hole I go, lol. Thanks for all the input. As I become more experienced with it over the next months I will try to help other newbies here as well. It's a great forum! Thanks again for the welcome and the info!

Fly on!

Awesome to hear! Fly safe, and see you around IP. Happy landings! :D

Update: The drone works GREAT! I had to update all software/firmware, and it took awhile to work the bugs out, but it flies as advertised! Going out this evening for some more fun. Glad I bought it. Thanks again for the input everyone.

K

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop