Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tracker for lost drones ?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has come up with an attachable tracker for I1 or Phantom? Someone must have thought of this in case of a fly away or an accident to retrieve the craft.

Just wondering if anyone has come up with an attachable tracker for I1 or Phantom? Someone must have thought of this in case of a fly away or an accident to retrieve the craft.
There are numerous options available. If you do a Google search you will get multiple choices.
Also, it has been covered on this forum - use then search function and you will see what people are using. :)

Reactions: Dothraaki
The company I went through to obtain my Part 107 gave away drone trackers. This one is called TrackR. I have not installed it yet and I **** well should have several weeks ago.

I was flying my Inspire 2 with the X5S gimbal along a bridge. I was practicing my maneuvering trying to smooth all of that out. At one point I was flying backwards. That's when I crashed. It wasn't due to flying backwards. I just lost depth sensing. I thought I crashed in the water. I spent about 45 minutes searching for it. I gave up and started heading home. I got about 15 minutes away from the crash site when I watched the last recorded video I had at the time of crash. That's when I realized that the drone crashed on land. I went back and after 1.5 hours of climbing through riverside brush, I found my drone tangled up in branches. 3 out of 4 rotor motors burned out. I took it to Best Buy and then ended up shipping it to CA for repairs. That was 3 weeks ago now.

My tracker is going to be the first thing I attach when I get my drone back!

The device is just slightly bigger than a quarter and has an alarm that sounds when you activate it on the app. Not very loud but its better than nothing. Map seems to give you a good idea of where to start looking.

Last edited:
The company I went through to obtain my Part 107 gave away drone trackers. This one is called TrackR. I have not installed it yet and I **** well should have several weeks ago.

I was flying my Inspire 2 with the X5S gimbal along a bridge. I was practicing my maneuvering trying to smooth all of that out. At one point I was flying backwards. That's when I crashed. It wasn't due to flying backwards. I just lost depth sensing. I thought I crashed in the water. I spent about 45 minutes searching for it. I gave up and started heading home. I got about 15 minutes away from the crash site when I watched the last recorded video I had at the time of crash. That's when I realized that the drone crashed on land. I went back and after 1.5 hours of climbing through riverside brush, I found my drone tangled up in branches. 3 out of 4 rotor motors burned out. I took it to Best Buy and then ended up shipping it to CA for repairs. That was 3 weeks ago now.

My tracker is going to be the first thing I attach when I get my drone back!

I lost my I1 due to a flyaway in intense cold winter mountainous conditions. I was surprised that the drone and controller kept on communicating and as i walked in the general direction, i noticed the gps on the controller brought me to near where the frone might be, i walked by it . As there had been about a foot of new snow, i kept following the gps signal, and as i walked by it it flipped around. I turned around and walked back about 15 feet and found a few black parts. I had missed it by about 4 feet. Found and smashed , $1500 repaired the drone and camera. I was desperate to find the drone in the deep snow, heavily treed, -10Deg C conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips