Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Training on Inspire 2 or P4P

Reaction score
Hi pilots,

I'm currently enrolled in a sUAV pilots course at Cal poly tech, completing online training at Drone U, and flying my Nano Blade QX for 30 mins everyday in training for starting an aerial photography business on the side later this Summer (I'm a network reality TV producer).

I'm almost ready to step up my craft and I want the features the I2 has but also know my experience level and am concerned about such an expensive craft/camera being my next step in training so I'm considering first getting a P4P to train on and later this Summer ordering the I2 when I feel more comfortable. I considered getting DJI care for the I2 but if I do crash the wait time for a replacement would be considerable correct?

My other questions are whether having both birds is a better financial decision then just staring on the I2 as far as training and running a business and if the footage the P4P can get is compatible with I2 when it comes to editing them together in post. I know the P4P doesn't shoot in 5k but I'm not sure my beginning real estate clients would require it anyway.

Hi pilots,

I'm currently enrolled in a sUAV pilots course at Cal poly tech, completing online training at Drone U, and flying my Nano Blade QX for 30 mins everyday in training for starting an aerial photography business on the side later this Summer (I'm a network reality TV producer).

I'm almost ready to step up my craft and I want the features the I2 has but also know my experience level and am concerned about such an expensive craft/camera being my next step in training so I'm considering first getting a P4P to train on and later this Summer ordering the I2 when I feel more comfortable. I considered getting DJI care for the I2 but if I do crash the wait time for a replacement would be considerable correct?

My other questions are whether having both birds is a better financial decision then just staring on the I2 as far as training and running a business and if the footage the P4P can get is compatible with I2 when it comes to editing them together in post. I know the P4P doesn't shoot in 5k but I'm not sure my beginning real estate clients would require it anyway.

my personal thought is to start with a p4p, but with that said, the larger the craft the more stable, if something does go wrong its better to crash a quad of lesser value. with object avoidance its like an extra insurance policy against crashing if you use common sense.

i started my quad copter training with a blade nano qx and qx3d, once i could fly without crashing indoors , i setup a course with hula hoops in my house, once i could fly that without crashing i moved up to a p2 then p4 and completed my first 2 flights with the inspire 2 today :) Its unbelievably stable.... i highly recommend Florida drone supply, i purchased my i2 through them and have been extremely helpful and patient throughout the entire process :)

my personal thought is to start with a p4p, but with that said, the larger the craft the more stable, if something does go wrong its better to crash a quad of lesser value. with object avoidance its like an extra insurance policy against crashing if you use common sense.

i started my quad copter training with a blade nano qx and qx3d, once i could fly without crashing indoors , i setup a course with hula hoops in my house, once i could fly that without crashing i moved up to a p2 then p4 and completed my first 2 flights with the inspire 2 today :) Its unbelievably stable.... i highly recommend Florida drone supply, i purchased my i2 through them and have been extremely helpful and patient throughout the entire process :)

I put in a lot of time on the old nano QX and I'm pretty nimble with it but the aggressive mode is something I still suck at. I'd like to get better if that's what DJI manual mode's equivalent is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont