Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Transformation System in cold weather

Reaction score
I have noticed in the cold that my landing gear servo makes a very noticeable change in pitch noise in the cold. I operate in a nothern climate, about 45 degrees north and 90 degrees west. The marker is actually within about an hour of where I live. Does anyone else experience this in the cold also? I took a look at DJI's maintenance manual for the Inspire 2 today. Its not bending or damaged, just is noisey in the cold. If I bring it inside and transform it, it sounds fine. I will be cleaning the lead screw and greasing it. Any quick feedback would be much appreciated Thanks

I fly an I2 in the cold all the time (MN). My gear was getting a little squeally (sic), so yesterday I put some R/C servo grease (Hitec), in the lead screw while in Travel mode, and ran it through several cycles. It seemed to make a noticeable difference. I also put some light (Labelles model train), oil on all the pivot joints.
Good luck.

I’ve pondered a light touch of servo grease... It improved, no stiffening making it worse? I may try that... retract gets slow to extend after a cold flight... 20-30F. My lower point is 20F, get very cautious even at 20F when in city block construction... more comfortable when more open ground.

Just did a flight around 15 to 18 degrees and over 15 mile an hour winds, the flight went fine, way out in the country but the video looks pulsating or wavy and Im looking for the thread Ive seen previously relating to this problem.

Tried to think of the one you're indicating.
There are other cold temp threads, but think you're more on the wave or wobble.

I did a search in I2 section for wobble video and made several hits on threads discussing wobble or wave video

More hits than I could post here to examine.
Try a quick search and see if any of those are your target.

I have noticed in the cold that my landing gear servo makes a very noticeable change in pitch noise in the cold. I operate in a nothern climate, about 45 degrees north and 90 degrees west. The marker is actually within about an hour of where I live. Does anyone else experience this in the cold also? I took a look at DJI's maintenance manual for the Inspire 2 today. Its not bending or damaged, just is noisey in the cold. If I bring it inside and transform it, it sounds fine. I will be cleaning the lead screw and greasing it. Any quick feedback would be much appreciated Thanks
Use dry. Graphite. I found it works real good.

I've found the transformation motor needs to be treated gently at least in raising/lowering on any surface. After having to replace the mechanism, I never operate the transforming process into travel or flight mode with the bird dragging its landing gear across any surface. It is simply rough on the gearing. I've flown in Vermont, in 20 degree Farhenheit without any issues.

I fly with collapsible T motor props. NYC DJI repair tekkies warn, without any manner of substantiation that "T Motor" props create forces that potentially damage the transformation gears. Obviously I start up motors with props fully extended. I'm very careful to insure all 4 props have the same "light" tension on the tightening screws. I fail to understand the connection or correlation in any way. No one I know using T Motor props have had such issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry