Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Transmitter problems or App?

Reaction score
I've looked for this issue and can't find another report of it..
The App doesn't report the " distance" correctly. At best, it's sporadic. Yesterday, it reported the distance to quad as being 257' while it was sitting in front of me approx 6' away. I turned everything off, fired it back up, and waited for a more accurate reading. It settled on 9-12' away, which I figured was good enough. Made a short flight in the yard, and watched the distance increase close to 100', even though it was never more than 30' away.

Today, flying in the open, I got the same issue, as the distance never appeared to accurately reflect the reality. It reported distance at liftoff of 33'. Throughout this time, I noticed the distance fluctuating rapidly. I assume this is normal. My questions are: Is there any way to calibrate the App or transmitter to fix this? Is it an App problem, wiring problem, electronics issue? Is it " normal" behavior? I have no expertise with radio/ electronics, and would appreciate input. I want to be able to trust the distance being reported.
I'm running the newest firmware and pilot app, and using an Air2. Air2 is not running the most current version.
Thanks in advance.

QuadGrandad: Make sure you calibrate gps and check your map location. If it is showing distance fluctuation, this could be a major problem if you hit RTH. If you are still getting this error, I would start from scratch: First off, Re-download your app, Update controller, update Inspire, calibrate imu the gps, you should be good to go.... I understand it's some work, but improper location can be very serious if you don't want to loose it. Good Luck....

QuadGrandad: Make sure you calibrate gps and check your map location. If it is showing distance fluctuation, this could be a major problem if you hit RTH. If you are still getting this error, I would start from scratch: First off, Re-download your app, Update controller, update Inspire, calibrate imu the gps, you should be good to go.... I understand it's some work, but improper location can be very serious if you don't want to loose it. Good Luck....
How do you 'calibrate GPS'?

I've looked for this issue and can't find another report of it..
The App doesn't report the " distance" correctly. At best, it's sporadic. Yesterday, it reported the distance to quad as being 257' while it was sitting in front of me approx 6' away. I turned everything off, fired it back up, and waited for a more accurate reading. It settled on 9-12' away, which I figured was good enough. Made a short flight in the yard, and watched the distance increase close to 100', even though it was never more than 30' away.

Today, flying in the open, I got the same issue, as the distance never appeared to accurately reflect the reality. It reported distance at liftoff of 33'. Throughout this time, I noticed the distance fluctuating rapidly. I assume this is normal. My questions are: Is there any way to calibrate the App or transmitter to fix this? Is it an App problem, wiring problem, electronics issue? Is it " normal" behavior? I have no expertise with radio/ electronics, and would appreciate input. I want to be able to trust the distance being reported.
I'm running the newest firmware and pilot app, and using an Air2. Air2 is not running the most current version.
Thanks in advance.
QuadGrandad,
Couple of questions: Do you have GPS turned on on your tablet or are you in airplane mode?
I would upgrade to the latest version of the app, any reason you haven't done that?
Dynamic home point is broken presently and has a bug that reports 'weak 'GPS'. This is being looked at presently.

QuadGrandad,
Couple of questions: Do you have GPS turned on on your tablet or are you in airplane mode?
I would upgrade to the latest version of the app, any reason you haven't done that?
Dynamic home point is broken presently and has a bug that reports 'weak 'GPS'. This is being looked at presently.

GPS is off, and I'm in airplane mode. The firmware is current, as is the pilot app. I always calibrate IMU and compass before flying. I don't know what re-downloading the pilot app would do, but I'll do that when I get a chance to fly again. Question: how do you calibrate the GPS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool