Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Transmitter Trays

Hi Pilots...
I am interested in finding a transmitter tray with shoulder strap and would like to know if any of you use one and if so what make and model.
Thanking you in advance for any information.
In gratitude,
Richard Trudeau
http://www.rtrudeauphotography.zenfolio.com

Hey Richard, Welcome to the site. Do not mind Outtacontrol, he likes to poke the bears but in actuality he is pretty harmless and as you can see helpful in the end. Feel free to ask questions. Here is my setup. I am happy with it:

FPVLR.jpg [/ATTACH] FPVLR2.jpg

Awww mazz you have a soft spot after all. :p

Looks like you and I have the same setup as I just received my HoodVision.
Ya I think your setup is what led to mine. I had a bracket I bought from them years ago and always admired their trays so when I saw you mention they made an inspire specific tray I was all in.

Reactions: Outta Control
Ya I think your setup is what led to mine. I had a bracket I bought from them years ago and always admired their trays so when I saw you mention they made an inspire specific tray I was all in.
Yayyyy.....Secraft rule!!!!!! :p

Nothing out there to touch them IMHO.

Reactions: Outta Control

You're too kind. :)

A bit pricey, but Secraft stuff are awesome.

Yes they are $$$ but once you see the craftsmanship and functionality then it was well worth it.

How does the FPVLR setup attach to the Seacraft? The FPVLR normally fits to the transmitter metal bracket which the Seacraft needs to attach to.

Hey Richard, Welcome to the site. Do not mind Outtacontrol, he likes to poke the bears but in actuality he is pretty harmless and as you can see helpful in the end. Feel free to ask questions. Here is my setup. I am happy with it:

View attachment 2334 [/ATTACH] View attachment 2335
How does the FPVLR setup attach to the Seacraft? The FPVLR normally fits to the transmitter metal bracket which the Seacraft needs to attach to.

The Seacraft has several holes and slots already incorporated into the design. I just drilled two holes in the plastic bracket from FPVLR and used two machine screws to connect the pieces. They fit pretty seamlessly.

Ah.......I know this may be a little cheesy but I didn't want to spend the $$$ for a tray and have one more thing to carry so I thought I'd just bend a little 1 inch by 1/8 inch aluminum and stick it to the back of the transmitter with some good ole velcro (hook and loop stuff), then cover the ends with some foam (red was all I had on hand) to keep it from rubbing my belly raw :oops: The most important being the "One more thing to carry" part.
This contraption took me about 30 minutes to make and it works much better than I thought it would.
I can walk while carrying the I1 and the Tx with the iPad and sunshade stay put without holding it. (as hoped).

It works great and it fits very nicely into my I1 case without having to cut any of that cheap foam junk out (it's coming apart on it's own as it is, I guess the next thing is to buy a Pelican travel case :( I hate spending money:cool:, it's a rare comodity these days). Just kidding, I'm not broke and I'm not that cheap but Pelican cases are pretty expensive.
B&H has one case for like $329 or something close to that but it's bigger than I like, especially since they just come out with those really nice backpack carrying adapters for DJI's standard case. I like to carry the I1 on hikes to rivers and waterfalls, etc. The ones I go to can't be reached by car and I don't want to burden anyone with having to help me carry everything.
Check out the backpack carrying adapters >>>>Link>>>>Here<<<Link<<<<
I have one and it's pretty nice! :)
I wonder if anyone has thought of making a good foam replacement for the original I1 case? (Like the kind of foam the Pelican cases have).

Anyway, for what it's worth, here it is! Works for me! :D

[URL=http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Tree-Top-Aerial-Photography/media/Inspire/Inspire%20transitter%20stabilizer_zpswwo3vwzy.jpg.html][/URL]

Hi Mazz,

Just curious here but what kind of range are you getting with the external antennas? Are those circular polarized helix antennas? Sorry, it's been awhile since I've messed with long range stuff.
I'm guessing it's also helpful for penetration through trees and brush at fairly close range? Maybe even wooed structures like houses?

Thanks a bunch!
No rush on a response! Just curious. ;)

Joe

Hi Mazz,

Just curious here but what kind of range are you getting with the external antennas? Are those circular polarized helix antennas? Sorry, it's been awhile since I've messed with long range stuff.
I'm guessing it's also helpful for penetration through trees and brush at fairly close range? Maybe even wooed structures like houses?

Thanks a bunch!
No rush on a response! Just curious. ;)

Joe
There are probably better people to ask. I think I used it a total of 5 times. Too much to carry and setup. I tend to leave it all behind and fly raw dog. I don't remember it being anything too impressive though. I think it tacked on a few thousand feet or so.

There are probably better people to ask. I think I used it a total of 5 times. Too much to carry and setup. I tend to leave it all behind and fly raw dog. I don't remember it being anything too impressive though. I think it tacked on a few thousand feet or so.

I hear ya on too much to carry and setup! :) That's the main reason I like the I1 as opposed to my S800 and S1000.
Yeah, me being in this at the commercial end these days, I can't risk losing my pilot's license and exemption by flying out of sight, I've had my license since 1987 and don't intend to lose that privilege.
I must admit, back in the first days days of yagi antennas on 72MHz and going 20 plus miles was great, There was equipment everywhere and almost a pickup truck load of gear to make it happen but I loved it! It was wild and it sure got the adrenaline pumpin" :) That was when it was almost unheard of and before getting my license. Yep, telling my age here! :cool:

Thanks, Mazz!! It's still a great looking setup ya got there! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa