Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Transporting My I1 (Planes, Trains & Automobiles)

Reaction score
I've recently been looking up information on taking the I1 on airplanes. What I can take away from it is that everybody says different things for different airlines/plane sizes and even to how the member of staff who deals with you is feeling that day. some say the standard case is too big for carry on some say it's fine. some say its fine to be checked some say it Isn't.

Could I take it on the plane? should I check it? if so what case should I buy to ensure it is able to be taken as hand luggage or what case should I buy to make sure it is fully protected underneath the plane.

I understand that all planes and airlines are different and I was hoping someone could share their experiences in taking the I1 on their travels. I'm hoping for some practical way of taking it with me in terms of ease of use/carrying and in weight. I currently live in the UK and want to take it with me on regular vacations and trips around the world.

Thanks
Stu

I have flown (and posted pictures of) on AA and US Airways with the Inspire as a carry on. No issues. A320 and 737 aircraft.

Reactions: Stu101
Appreciate the info.

Anyone else have more pics or info for alternative methods and other planes?

Stu, I am with you. I would like to take my I1 with me as well, but not real sure how to do so. I do fly USAir most of the time, so I do appreciate the Captain's comment. I did receive a notice with my I1 concerning (Delta Airlines) battery transport (TB48) and that they can be carried on as separate items but must be properly insulated. The notice also stated you could have one one the case but up to two extras must be in separate carry on.

Individual airlines generally have guidelines on their website regarding the transportation of any item with lipo batteries. In air New Zealand's case the batteries have to be carried on as hand luggage. Personally I wouldn't transport in the case that is supplied with the inspire but would only use the go professional cases as checked luggage. This is the one I have just ordered for this very reason.
http://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-inspire-1-landing-mode-case.html

I flew Delta the other day and carried on with no problems. The plane I flew on was smaller and had to use the bin on the right side of plane. Dirty looks from some people but who cares.

Reactions: CaptainBadge
Thanks for the input guys it does seem like the general consensus is that most planes let you carry it on (even if it can be risky) The go proffesional case does also seem like a good idea and paying a little extra to check it means I can carry a backpack full of my usual junk when I get on planes

Goo
Individual airlines generally have guidelines on their website regarding the transportation of any item with lipo batteries. In air New Zealand's case the batteries have to be carried on as hand luggage. Personally I wouldn't transport in the case that is supplied with the inspire but would only use the go professional cases as checked luggage. This is the one I have just ordered for this very reason.

Good choice Douglas, you'll love that case.

I don't understand how these guys can charge $250 for a nylon condom for the OEM carrying case.

They took some fabric, sized it to fit the oem case and threw some crappy shoulder straps on it. Then they want people to spend $250?

What a joke. I'd understand if it had custom foam or a smaller form factor.

No thanks. I'll tie some rope around my oem case and wear it on my shoulders that way.

Last edited:
I just ordered mine too! Can't wait!
I don't understand how these guys can charge $250 for a nylon condom for the OEM carrying case.
GOLD!

ROFL!!!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters