Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trying to sell my Inspire 2 kit on here is frustrating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I decided to sell my Inspire 2 kit only to realize I'm not allowed to post on classifieds since I'm not an "active" member... pretty stupid if you ask me.
If you need to verify members, find a better way. Just going on a basis of how much or little someone posts isn't a viable way to verify if someone is a scammer or not.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Their forum, their rules. I guess they are trying to get people to become active in the community vs just using this when they need to sell something. Plus the fact that you are now posting the same comment/rant in multiple forums. Good luck with your sale.

So I decided to sell my Inspire 2 kit only to realize I'm not allowed to post on classifieds since I'm not an "active" member... pretty stupid if you ask me.
If you need to verify members, find a better way. Just going on a basis of how much or little someone posts isn't a viable way to verify if someone is a scammer or not.
That's not the only criteria.
And your only two posts have been today!
If you do not like the rules don't use the forum.

Put it up on eBay, require PayPal, and only ship to a PayPal-registered address in the US. Require PayPal Global Shipping if you want to sell to other countries. Unless you get lucky posting in a forum like this there's going to be hassle, and you'll not know the value of the drone. Put it up on eBay for the least you'd accept and let the auction run is the best, IMHO...

This forum is the best place for information and opinions about Inspires, is well-moderated, but isn't the best for selling a drone.

Put it up on eBay, require PayPal, and only ship to a PayPal-registered address in the US. Require PayPal Global Shipping if you want to sell to other countries. Unless you get lucky posting in a forum like this there's going to be hassle, and you'll not know the value of the drone. Put it up on eBay for the least you'd accept and let the auction run is the best, IMHO...

This forum is the best place for information and opinions about Inspires, is well-moderated, but isn't the best for selling a drone.
Yeah I was going to post on ebay as well. I just thought I would post it here first since people here are more into the drone/photography scene vs ebay which is a mix of people.

The minimum requirement rule is a good one which insures scammers can't get on here and sell fake items. Don't you wish your phone worked that way? Imagine if you could receive solicitation calls from friends ONLY? What a wonderful world THAT would be. Why? None of my friends are solicitors.

D

I hated the rule as you do. Once I met the criteria I have successfully sold a ton of gear on here. This is definitely the best forum to sell items so I suggest you go ask random questions in the forums but try to be mindful and not be a nuisance. This forum has a captive audience and receives daily emails with new items and topics. It only took me a couple days to post 10 times. I believe the moderator is overall pretty laid back.

I hated the rule as you do. Once I met the criteria I have successfully sold a ton of gear on here. This is definitely the best forum to sell items so I suggest you go ask random questions in the forums but try to be mindful and not be a nuisance. This forum has a captive audience and receives daily emails with new items and topics. It only took me a couple days to post 10 times. I believe the moderator is overall pretty laid back.
Thanks for the tip. I have also posted on ebay to see how it goes.

Yeah I was going to post on ebay as well. I just thought I would post it here first since people here are more into the drone/photography scene vs ebay which is a mix of people.
This makes no sense. Why would you care if it’s a mix of people? As long as someone buys it. And if that was your [odd] concern, then list it on Craigslist in photog section...

Imagine walking down the street and you come across a total stranger holding a picture of a $5000 item and asks you to give him $5000 and he’ll send you the item. Is that something you’d be comfortable with?

Also, this is a FORUM. The buying and selling is a benefit of being a member and having trusts built within the forum.

I saw this issue on a motorcycle forum the other day. Some person? posted an ad for some parts and got slammed because he was a newbie.
Some came to his rescue and some continued to throw rocks.
Guess what?
Yes, he was there to scam.
One of the defenders was actually the one that got the scam treatment to the tune of over 1k.
Not saying this op is in that boat, but things can go south.
Live and learn.

This makes no sense. Why would you care if it’s a mix of people? As long as someone buys it. And if that was your [odd] concern, then list it on Craigslist in photog section...

Imagine walking down the street and you come across a total stranger holding a picture of a $5000 item and asks you to give him $5000 and he’ll send you the item. Is that something you’d be comfortable with?

Also, this is a FORUM. The buying and selling is a benefit of being a member and having trusts built within the forum.

Makes perfect sense. This is a forum for people into drones and photography. You're overthinking it, I have my opinion, you have yours.
Trust me, I will get it sold no problem.

I saw this issue on a motorcycle forum the other day. Some person? posted an ad for some parts and got slammed because he was a newbie.
Some came to his rescue and some continued to throw rocks.
Guess what?
Yes, he was there to scam.
One of the defenders was actually the one that got the scam treatment to the tune of over 1k.
Not saying this op is in that boat, but things can go south.
Live and learn.

Are you assuming I'm a scammer?

I agree the rule is draconian. I've read alot on this forum and therefore am "active," but I rarely post since you have to log in to do that (which I totally understand as a valid requirement). But you could be a loooong time reader of this forum who suddently wants to legitimately sell something and you're screwed due to that "active" rule. Protection against "scammers" is a false pretence given there is nothing to prevent an "active" member scamming someone with or without the rule in place. Truly guarding against scammers is ultimately the buyers responsibility.

I agree the rule is draconian. I've read alot on this forum and therefore am "active," but I rarely post since you have to log in to do that (which I totally understand as a valid requirement). But you could be a loooong time reader of this forum who suddently wants to legitimately sell something and you're screwed due to that "active" rule. Protection against "scammers" is a false pretence given there is nothing to prevent an "active" member scamming someone with or without the rule in place. Truly guarding against scammers is ultimately the buyers responsibility.
That's my point. I have been reading posts on here for a while. Just never had anything to post or ask. Doesn't make me a scammer. I understand the reason for the rule, I'm just saying it's not the most effective way to protect people from being scammed.

Then there’s the thought that as soon as you figure out how to deter a scammer, they figure out another avenue to access your wallet.

Reactions: Zardoz360
BTW, I can't find any instructions anywhere on just how go about creating a listing on the Forum. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I've been a long-time user, but not all that "active" in the strict sense of the term. Is it just a matter of creating a post after a member has commented on different topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido