Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tuned Propulsion?

Reaction score
Hi there Folks. I'm new here, but have a quick question for you already.

I was on the DJI site and was looking through the propulsion systems (I'm interested in building another drone, as I already have an Inspire) and noticed that the blades the systems use are "Z-Blades 1345", quick lock, and same 13x4.5 spec as the Inspire blade. I've read and they say that they're for the tuned propulsion systems, and the Inspire uses specific 1345S blades, but I was wondering what the particular differences would be in terms of shape, and what these differences would do to the flight characteristics of the inspire. Also, as a thought experiement, would it be worth (performance; money be damned) upgrading the inspire propulsion to the new tuned system? is it possible? I mean, I wouldn't tear my inspire apart, but lets say I've crashed the bugger and she's basically a rebuild anyway. Would there be a performance increase with this "upgrade"? Is it an upgrade? What are the kV ratings for the inspire Motors? I couldn't find any (okay, I didn't try hard).

Anyway, glad to see this forum here. This flying camera is amazing. What an experience.

My thanks,

BSC

There's no difference between the props anymore. the inspire utilizes the e800 kit. so the motor is a 3510 kv350. I'm not sure if you're talking about the e1200 kit, which will not fit on the inpsire. In fact the only motors that would work without modifications is the inspire specific motors.

There's no difference between the props anymore. the inspire utilizes the e800 kit. so the motor is a 3510 kv350. I'm not sure if you're talking about the e1200 kit, which will not fit on the inpsire. In fact the only motors that would work without modifications is the inspire specific motors.

Ah, I see. I had had a similar thought as the motor casing looked very similar to the e800. The inspire is a dedicated utility vehicle with specific parts. These propulsion systems seem designed for either creating or updating your new or existing multi-rotor project. Thank you for your confirmation and insight.

I would assume it would be safe to get the z-blades then? I only ask because I'd love to get the white stripes. I'll probably try a set out worse case.

Thanks!

BSC

Ah, I see. I had had a similar thought as the motor casing looked very similar to the e800. The inspire is a dedicated utility vehicle with specific parts. These propulsion systems seem designed for either creating or updating your new or existing multi-rotor project. Thank you for your confirmation and insight.

I would assume it would be safe to get the z-blades then? I only ask because I'd love to get the white stripes. I'll probably try a set out worse case.

Thanks!

BSC

Yes, I use the white tipped ones as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84