Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK UK CAA PfCO renewal

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick FYI for anyone who is interested with regards to CAA PfCO renewal times.

I have just renewed my PfCO via the CAA's new online service. This is my first renewal since qualifying last year so I was a little nervous about the process without having any NQE hand holding, but I have to say the procedure was very straight forward.

From point of submission I heard back after 9 working days to advise me of a small amendment I needed to make as I had missed changing the version number in one place (Doh!). I made this amendment immediately and then just 2 working days later I received my PfCO. I had also added my Mavic to my operations manual for the renewal as well so not completely a like for like renewal.

So yes, it is a bit pricey but I have to say it was a pretty painless and rapid process. I don't know whether this is indicative of all renewals at this time but all good from my perspective.

Dave.

Reactions: Jamie Japp
Thanks for letting us know how your renewal went. It's not that long before I'll be renewing and its reassuring to know the new system is running smoothly

Hi All,

Just a quick FYI for anyone who is interested with regards to CAA PfCO renewal times.

From point of submission I heard back after 9 working days to advise me of a small amendment I needed to make as I had missed changing the version number in one place (Doh!). I made this amendment immediately and then just 2 working days later I received my PfCO. I had also added my Mavic to my operations manual for the renewal as well so not completely a like for like renewal.

Dave.

I had a similar experience of the new system recently. It seems much faster than previous years, and they spotted a typo that had been in the OM for over three years!

PDF or Word .doc for the Ops Manual?

I have my Ops Manual in PDF form and it is a pain to edit.
Going to convert to Word doc so that I can make changes easily.
Will the CAA accept Word doc format?

PDF or Word .doc for the Ops Manual?

I have my Ops Manual in PDF form and it is a pain to edit.
Going to convert to Word doc so that I can make changes easily.
Will the CAA accept Word doc format?

Our OM was created in Word but we always submit it in PDF format as that’s the best way to ensure cross compatibility.

Keep the one you work on in Word. When it is finished and ready to submit - save it one more time but this time as a PDF not a Word document and submit the PDF version.

upload_2018-8-4_13-22-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-4_13-21-15.png
    upload_2018-8-4_13-21-15.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 14
However.... do double check the formatting once you have converted to pdf.
Word and Acrobat do usually play nicely together but occasionally some very strange formatting errors are thrown up like spurious page breaks and dodgy paragraph spacing.

I've just received my new CAA PFCO. From submitting the online form to receiving the PFCO took just over 2 weeks. That's pretty good considering I had to make several amendments. I had left in a couple of references to 'Pilot in Command' and also to PFAW. I also had a mismatch between the version number and date on the footer.

My main problem has been in navigating through an overly complex and fiddly Ops Manual template that I was given by EuroUSC.

My plan is to totally rewrite the ops manual in plain english before next years renewal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop